Saturday, September 09, 2006

I have a brand new kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm SUPER excited!!!!!!!!!

My hubby is a genius! I complain about him being implusive and "hyperfocused", but I tell ya, he gets the jobs done around here!
I need to let my hubby really grow and be who God made him to be.....and something that's new, is he is discovering the "homeowner" in him.
Last weekend, I was annoyed that he decided to take on a job that I didn't have the mental energy to face....painting the kitchen wall. (this wall was the most abused, with huge screw holes, tape marks, and peeled paint from all our school projects.) But within 36 hours, we had a spankin new wall!
To go with our wall, he has painted our new bench to go with our super LONG table to go with our super big family!
He decided to build in the dishwasher last night. He did an amazing job! I had to laugh as he ripped apart our cupboard, and the outside of our portable dishwasher. There were parts of the house and the d/w all over the kitchen!
Okay, get this........
I CAN USE MY TAP THE SAME TIME AS MY DISHWASHER IS RUNNING!
that is a HUGE bonus! It's been so annoying to have the tap hooked up to the d/w and you can't get any water. not to mention to have that thing in the middle of the kitchen half the time. not to mention that when it's "put away" it's in the corner of the kitchen the takes up a whole lot of room!
I have brand new appliances!
A brand new bench for the kids (the seat lifts up and you can put books and craft tubs in it!)
A brand new dishwasher!
I am a happy camper today!
God is so good
And so is my hubby!

PS im looking for my camera and can't find it right now. I wanted to go and take some pics to show y'all, but can't right now, so maybe tomorrow.

5 comments:

Princess Warrior said...

to cool! I miss you and maybe I will see you in church next week. Who knows?:)

Nin said...

I was gonna say you should post some pics. Your kitchen does look awesome!!! I was there last night and told your hubby he did a great job! Even the little details that he's not happy with yet, I can't even notice them, it looks amazing. I bet you're enjoying the freedom it brings. I can't wait to see your kitchen when it's painted, so then all the sparkling white appliances and your bench can act as an accent to bring out the cool color I know you'll pick. No beige....

Jenny said...

Yay!!! Isn't it awesome being a homeowner!! You have to post some pics!!

andrew + camille said...

i love the stove!! want one!! your kitchen looks great.

i love your baby girl!! she is so sweet!

Andrew McAllister said...

Maybe your camera is with my keys and my watch. I'm convinced they have legs and walk around my house to avoid me :o)

Andrew
To Love, Honor and Dismay