Monday, October 16, 2006

here's a post with some substance

Baby and weight gain:

I went to my doctor today to find out that I have gained 10 pounds in one month!!!!!!! YIKES. I'm not totally shocked at this news since I have been eating whatever I want whenever I want it. I told my doctor that for the year that I was on weight watchers, I NEVER ordered fries with my meals, never ate the kids left overs, didn't really eat before bed...(you know, old habits that I've had) And since I've been pregnant, I just have been lazy with my eating habits. She gave me strict orders not to eat anymore fries.....etc....
As soon as I got home, I told Joe that I need his help and told the kids that I'm not allowed to eat their food.
As far as my throwing up issues, I still do that occasionally. I definitly do it less because I feel guilty that I'm pregnant. My doctor knows about it and she says that the amount of occurances will not affect the baby. (considering that i gained 10 pounds....im sure the baby is fine!!) I have never completely stopped the binging and purging for 14 years, but it slows down in my pregnancies in fear that I could hurt the baby.

The baby's heart beat couldn't be found today, but neither my doctor or I are worried and since I've felt the baby move lots since I've been home, everything is okay. She thinks my placenta is in the front of my belly. Never had that before. So I get to go for an ultrasound tomorrow to make sure everything's good.

Renovations:

The activity is never ending around here. Whether someone is pounding nails, cutting windows out in our house, unloading lumber.....The frames are up and it's starting to look like our new house.

Joe and I:

Joe and I are doing really well. We are at a real growth period in our walk together. We are close to eachother and feel very blessed to have one another.

Homeschool and kids:

Homeschool has been hard with all the reno's. We plug away and do what we can, when we can. With all the extra appointments and reno inturruptions, I feel off schedule. I love our schedule tho. It's easy to follow and my house is at an organized point to really get our acedemics done. We have a special spot for:
Library books, cd's, videos
Math blocks
Piano practising cd's and books
Arts and crafts
Pens, pencils, paper, school books and supplies
The kids are doing well, except I'm feeling with Noah that the heart issues are not getting through. we are learning about obedience right now and when we read out of the bible, he just doesn't seem interested. He'll gobble his math, his reading and all the other stuff, but these heart issues are hard to get through.

House work:
SIGH Because we are ALL upstairs and one child has NO room, our laundry is always the issue. If I can figure out the laundry, I would be pretty much on top of the rest. My new kitchen is still awesome with my new built in dishwasher. Our table is now super long and with the back bench, there is always enough room for school books, crafts and meals.

That is my update for now.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I have been wondering how you and your family has been doing. I loved the pic on your hubby's blog.
Keep up the good work...10 pounds in a month..with Seamus (my first) I once gained a whopping 16 pounds in one month...it was all on a upwards scale since that time.(I'm still paying for it!)
Good luck!

Crystal said...

It was so good to see you on Friday....I am glad you are doing well.....it just seems to be getting busier so I just thought man I have to take some time to see you.
Blessings

Lani - the flowerlady said...

you're doing such a good job Sarah. more grace to you...

Nin said...

I gained ten pounds in a month too... C'est la vie, I know you'll lose everything you put on. I still think it's a great and wise idea to smarten up and start making good choices again, and I'm glad that we're going to be helping eachother, but just so's you know, it'll all be back to normal in the end.
(can't wait to see the ultrasound video when you're done today! I wonder if she'll see the sex!!!!)