Monday, October 02, 2006

the shower was a great success!

Thanks to all who came to bless ninette and daniel.........and chris........
of course, we couldn't keep him away, even if we tried! LOL He was the only guy at the shower, apart from Llo calling me 30 minutes before it started to ask if her hubby could come. I told her that if he came, chris wouldn't be the only guy. LOL

I collected enough money from people to buy them the fanciest swing, a stereo for Daniel's room and enough on a gift card for them to buy a baby monitor! So many people gave generously! THANK YOU for making those gifts a reality! And of course, all the other gifts were sooooooo cute!!!

My hubby was on "inventory duty" last night. apparently it's once a year....He got home at 3 am! So of course, he's still in bed! It's nice to plan our school around Joe's hours. If Joe starts at 12:30 pm, then our school goes from 1 to 6ish. if he starts at 9, then we go regular hours 9-3. this week, he works tuesday-saturday. so that will be our school week.

I'm having a ton of fun with this KONOS curriculum! it's a blast. every week, i go to the library and gather my materials, cd's, dvd's, books, crafts......and plan our week.
Our new unit is on OBEDIENCE!! I think I need this one for me!
Definition: To do what it asked of you with a submissive heart
How to obey: Immediately
Unconditionally
Cheerfully
Thouroughly
We will be studying lighthouses, light, crime and punishement and many many bible stories! I'm super excited!

Well, today we are cleaning out our basement to get ready for those reno's. Gotta change a poopy bum.....

6 comments:

Janelle said...

I'm glad you had such a great success with the shower. I got to see Daniel yesterday - what a cutie! Where were you by the way! I missed ya!!!!
I totally give you props for homeschooling...I don't think I'll ever have the courage to do it.

Jenny said...

I'm glad the shower was successful!! I bet that baby is just beautiful!!
I agree with Janelle that it takes a certain type of person to homeschool their children...and I'm not one of those! I know that I wouldn't be motivated, organized or structured enough to provide education for my children.
So my hat's off to you! You seem to really enjoy the job you are doing, and are doing a great job!!
Hope you're feeling well!
Have a great day!

Trail Rider said...

hey janelle and jenny, most people say those kind of things. "i could never do it, I'm not organized...."
It took me a good 2 to 3 years to just warm up to the idea. It took me reading a ton of books, going to homeschool conventions and meeting other families that do it. You don't have to be a super mom, or organized by nature, just a desire to be with your kids and love them....and you two have both of those qualities. If God called you and spoke to your heart, I KNOW YOU COULD! The both of you are amazing people and have great kids!

We weren't at church cause we were all sick.....sigh. If we would have went, all the kids would have had to stay out of sunday school. Too bad I missed you. Nin told me you were there! Come again and we'll hook up!

Nin said...

you have no sidebar and no archives or anything, how come?

Trail Rider said...

noidea! ill have to change things i think

Crystal said...

Well I am so glad the shower went so well...I hated to miss it...I am your biggest fan...Love you....I hope you are all feeling better.
Blessings