Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The biggest loser

I watch that show faithfully every Tuesday night. Of course, last night, I cried....again.

I can relate to them! So I was never over 210 pounds, but I know what it's like to feel trapped in a big unhealthy body that can barely move. I know what it feels like to know that food controls your life. I know what it's like to feel chained to the fridge and the toilet. I lived with bulimia for 18 years!

Last night Kristin went home. She was eliminated. (sorry to all who haven't watched it on their PVR yet) The show will always follow them home and show you how they are doing after leaving the biggest loser campus. 2 months after she left, Kristin was still going strong, losing more weight and staying on track. But more than that......she was helping others. She was using her story to speak to other women who felt trapped in their overwhelming feeling of never succeeding. They showed Kristin in a conference room full of ladies, listening to her tell them to believe! if she could do it, so could they! You could see the impact on their faces as Kristin shared her testimony.

This year has not been an easy one for us. For me. 7 months later, I'm still trying to find who I am. I went shopping with my sister the other day and found a rainbow scarf. I loved it at first sight! But it was an ODD moment. The reason it was an odd moment for me is because I actually had a PIECE of me COME OUT.....shine through. I LIKE THIS SCARF.....ME......I LIKE IT......THIS IS SOMETHING I LIKE.............

This might make no sense to anyone, but to me, I feel like I'm really building from the ground up. When I was watching Kristin last night, I was reminded of WHY I started my journey 4 years ago......to loose weight and get healthy.......
To help others. To walk with others. To inspire others. To teach others. To show God's goodness and faithfulness.
Somewhere in my woundedness, I am in my own little world of diet and exercise. Fueled by low self esteem and a drive to be a perfect 10 body, I'm WAY off track. I'm lost. I've been wrestling this for a while. Wondering what the answer is?
Do I just quit everything? Swing the pendulum WAY to the other side in hopes that I'll find the balance? Do I stop my physical activity completely?
So far, I've thought that I should FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE....STOP SWINGING THE PENDULUM to extremes and carry on and seek God in the process.

Anyway, this is again, real and gross.
Where I'm at.
I've ate like SH#T all week and I'm suppose to run my first 10 km today with Megan. Everything in me wants to cancel. There's something telling me to keep going.
God.........
Father.......
Come, make the places in my soul right.......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will run that 10 km today and if you feel like crap after because of what you ate I know you'll eat better in preparation next time. Because you are rebuilding yourself on a foundation of love (for yourself & others), faith (which never fails to amaze me with it's depth) and hope ( which I have seen flicker in you but never go out). I know you can walk this path, i'm honored to get to walk some of it beside you.

Love Morgan

andrew + camille said...

you go GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i agree with Morgan, just go for it, and if you ate like crap, big deal! Today is a new day and you're keeping on keepin on!
I read your old post "Body IMage" every now and then for some inspiration and the words about being a Spirit and not a Body echo in my mind and I just want to remind you of them again. Be healthy to be healthy, not to look a certain way. You are SUCH an inspiration and encouragement to many. I know its hard to find a balance, actually me and Gab were talking about that today. I pray balance into all of our lives, cuz we ALL need it.

love u

Princess Warrior said...

Do not give up the exercise and healthy eating. You just keep on running with God and he'll help you sort out your motives.

I can't think of a good analogy to make my pint, but do not quit. God loves you even if you swing on a pendulum sometimes.