Saturday, October 24, 2009

Thankful

Sitting here, checking my email....

I get a short and sweet message from my hubby that has been in Regina for a Promise Keepers convention that reads:

I miss you too, God is good. see you tonight.
Joe

It just hits me. I stare at the message. My eyes well up with tears. My heart is overwhelmed with the weight of these words. Why?

A little over a year ago, Joe walked out. For the first week, I had no idea IF he would ever come back. Joe and I communicated through emails for the first while. Each letter was cold, hard and calloused. Each letter broke my heart to read......
During our separation, I would sit at the computer and stare at his emails....and cry.....
I didn't know where he was, how I could even reach him, all he had to do was turn his phone off and he was forever disconnected from me.

Ironically, just 1/2 hour ago, I was sitting eating lunch when my heart cried out, "GOD....please don't let me go back to the way things were. Don't let all this be for nothing.....please make us into an amazing testimony that makes a difference. Don't let all this pain dump down a black hole"
......Only to sit down and have God open my eyes to a short, simple email. He showed me that we are a miracle. We weren't supposed to make it! We should be divorced! I should be alone....
But I'm not. By God's grace and mercy, Joe is building the most amazing relationships with the guys in our circle. He has a renewed passion for life and is filled with purpose. He leads us, loves us, cherishes us. I have a new husband!

The plane did crash....yes. I sometimes get mad that the plane had to go down. But I need to remember that I was pulled from the burning plane. I could have died in the flames. We could have died.....

God....please.....OPEN MY EYES ALL THE MORE! Show me your goodness in everything! Like you did today
Thank you

5 comments:

Carebear said...

and I love you!!!
(((HUGS)))

Jenny said...

Wonderful post...
sorry I missed your calls...was with my friends last night,and at hockey this morning. I'll try and return your call in the next couple of days.

Dianna said...

Oh that is sooo sweet. So Happy for you that things are working out. So very happy. Blessings my friend.
P.S I agree with Joe GOD IS GOOD!!!! Yes God is good!!!!

Madame Angela Baggett said...

we are not abandoned, struck down, but not destroyed, we always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. Love you. (2Cor4:9-10) You are living it for real.

Trev and Rebekah said...

I remember praying for you a year ago and shedding tears for you. I am glad God has and is working in and through you guys.