Sunday, June 27, 2010

my night tonight

So, my father in law comes over for supper. it was a nice chicken with potatoes, gravy...etc.....the night is nice so we decide to go to the park and then stop for icecream.

On the way to the park, I can start to feel my "heartburn" flair up. I wonder now what would have happened if I had had some pepto bismol in my purse, like I usually do. At the first sign of an "attack" (as I call it) I do whatever I can to stop it. But tonight, I didn't have anything. I knew that my supper did not go down well. It was getting stuck all through the meal. By the time we got to the park, i was in a fair bit of pain. I had 2 extra strength zantac and that was it. I needed some milk or something to help these pills go down.

Left the family at the park, drove to the nearest store to buy a milk. open it and drink it before i pay for it......the pain level goes from an 8 to a 5. ok, maybe this will pass. drive back to the park, sipping on my milk, waiting for the zantac to do something. nothing.....it starts to get worse again. My pain goes to a 9 and I start to panic. thinking about running behind a building to throw up whatever is stuck in my esophagus to ease the pain. Joe comes to check on me, and I told him what I was thinking. He told me to give it a try. ( we were a long way from home)

So here I am, behind a building, crouching down on my hands and knees throwing up into a bush......it was lovely. Being a recovering bulimic, the puke didn't bother me so much as being in public, hiding, and wondering if anyone saw me, what on earth would they think??!

No relief......pain stays at an 8/9 and I had to leave my family at the park to come home. To gulp pepto/try to eat crackers/throw up some more......now my pain is sitting at a 3 or so.

Is this what I have to look forward to? only for it to progress and get worse? God help me.
:(

5 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

Wow Sarah. I am so sorry you have to deal with this. Thinking of you and sending a hug your way

Morgan said...

Oh honey. I'm so sorry. Hopefully you get the surgery soon and get some relief.

Jessie from Canada said...

Alex regularly gets stuff caught in his throat, I think he has scar tissue build up. When that happens, he drinks GingerAle. Makes whatever is lodged there go down. He spent his 20th birthday at emergency only to have a doctor to buy him a GingerAle. Audrey T-F also has an interesting Ginger Ale drink that is supposed to be really good for digestion.

Carebear said...

interesting. i should try that! thanks for the tip. ill try anything!

andrew + camille said...

oh no.
sorry sarah. :(