Friday, October 28, 2005

Hurricane

Just got back from hearing some amazing teaching by the Mitchell's on marriage.
WOW. If you want your marriage to be good, make Jesus Lord over your life, he'll take care of the rest.
I am learning so much about walking in faith. Greg's wife shared a vision that she had. It was after moses had parted the red sea and all the Egyptians were dead and they were on the other side in their promised land! Well, some of the hebrews went down to the shore where some of the Eygyptians had floated to the shore, layed there dead. The Hebrews started to resesitate them! They were bent over and trying to bring them back to life! And God said, WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO BRING LIFE TO SOMETHING THAT I'VE KILLED?????"
Well, that's what I've been doing. I am trying my hardest to submit my eating to the Lord, but when it gets too hard, I give in and binge and throw up. I sooooo badly want to justify it. I wanna say, "yeah but, I don't throw up as often, it's not as big of a binge as others I've had...."
But without admitting and knowing the deepest extent of your crime, you will never turn.

I do know one thing. That is that I will not give up. I will cling to his promises that He will finish this work that he started in me. I KNOW IT! Someone said to me, "you know it's so stupid, because as soon as you start losing weight, and people start to mention it, then you start really messing it all up"
Well, that has also been true. Whenever you take your eyes off of the author, and perfector of our faith, we will trip.
I choose to look up moment by moment. The promised land is a place I have not seen in the area of my eating. It is a scary thing to go towards.....the unknown. I've been chosing the familiar road.
But I know that in other areas of my life where I've walked THROUGH that fear of the unknown.....GOD IS ALWAYS FAITHFUL and YES, the land IS flowing with milk and honey.

So it will be as I give him Lordship of my eating.
Come Lord, I am open and vulnerable. Blogging for all to see, so that in the end they will know
HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD!
Just a reminder for all my readers out there, that this is my "mount everest" that I am conquering in the grace of God. And to encourage all those out there to not give up on that ONE thing that they feel God cannot change. Let's walk it together.....GOD IS BIGGER THAN YOUR ISSUE AND HAS A PLAN TO USE IT TO FORWARD HIS KINGDOM
God bless all tonight. Go to bed with praise on your lips and a song in your heart, for His love is unfailing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Princess Warrior said...

I am so glad that God kills stuff. It is so disgusting now that I think about me trying to breath life back into the rotting, bloated corpses of my past sins. EEEW. I love you! yay 1 peter 5:10

Nin said...

wow, now that is a picture....
God is amazing, and so gentle. When I saw Audrey molding the clay with the water, it gave me a glimpse of how the hands of our heavenly father stoke us and caress us with such gentleness. He loves us so much, that He would walk this out step by step with us, piece by piece.

Trail Rider said...

Read your blog and commented :P

Moose said...

Wow...vulnerable and strong. Very Encouraging Post. That took courage sister. God will reward this. Blessya -Moose

CWG said...

Hey there.
I blogged. Please check it out. It is regarding transformations.
Thanks for the encouragement on my blog.