Monday, July 24, 2006

The nesting stage starts already

I remeber being pregnant with Faith and the whole time, I was getting my home ready for a new human. I nested so bad that the home was MORE than ready by the time I was about 6 or 7 months pregnant. Which looking back, was a very good thing since you're so big and tired at the end to do anything anyway.
There's always something that comes over me when I'm pregnant that pushes me to new heights of character. I don't take being a parent lightly. I know that God will hold me accountable for the way I'm raising His kids that he's given me to care for. I struggle with doubting myself alot. When I should be trusting the God in me to do His work by His grace. Having 5 kids will be no lazy picnic. It will be a huslting, bustling busy tizzy whirl of go go go. Being that I am lazy by nature scares me. My friend told me to look at how far I've come, but I feel like it's doesn't really matter how far I've come when I have so far to go....
I guess if you've been to my house at all, you'll probably never see me sit down, which I hope people understand that sometimes I just can't.

So now I've made up my list for next baby:

organize kids books by subject (this was done once already, but has to be re done cause they're all messy again)
organize noah's toys (this was also done, but got messy)
organize Isaiah's toys (ditto)
De clutter toys (give away half of them!!)
Go through all the kids clothes ( did the girls' clothes tonight)
make a pile for baby
make a give away pile
Plan Noah's school year
Plan Isaiah's school year
Organize school books
Organize hall closet (all the puzzle pieces from about 20 puzzles are all in the same box!!!AAAHHH)
Organize baby stuff
Renovate our basement (put 2 rooms and a bathroom downstairs)
Paint

Needless to say, I'm a little overwhelmed. I need to cling to him more desperately than I am. I believe, i know, I believe that His grace is sufficent. But like my sister said, "there's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path"

Please pray for me and us if God puts us on your heart. Being that this is #5, there has also been different responses to our pregnancy. When we told some of our family, there was just silence and then someone changed the subject. Also, a very close family member said when we told him, "i don't know whether to congradulate you or feel sorry for you..." My neighbour said that she thought of a name for this next one, "hope.....hope there's no more"

Thank you for your support here in blogger ville. I know I shouldn't let others opinions get to me. I really pray that I can be set free from that. The fear of God should come beofre the fear of man....

Blessings and thanks for walking with me and staying in touch.

11 comments:

Princess Warrior said...

"The cross of Christ is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to those who are being saved it is the power of God." As I have walked my life in hopes that all I do is what God has asked of me I have gotten less than enthusiastic responses. Though it hurts to not have friends and family complicitly understand, it is far worse to live with the knowledge that you have missed out on the blessing of God. You Sarah(Princess) are from a royal priesthood a holy nation belonging to God and He alone will give you the strength and encouragement you need to be His princess and ambassador in this world. Blessings to you darling Sarah.

Jenny said...

It's easier said than done, but ignore those unkind comments. God knows what's best for your family.
I'm excited to watch your baby's progress.

andrew + camille said...

yeah I second that! "it is far worse to live with the knowledge that you have missed out on the blessing of God." So true!! you guys are amazing and when you told me your news, I honestly got so excited for you guys. It hurts me too, people's reactions to the new baby. I don't understand.

But we bless you and are behind you all!

starla said...

hi sarah, my name is starla, i'm a friend of jenny's. I just wanted to say congrats on baby #5!! There are five kids in my family and my mom always talks about what a blessing it was to have all of us. Me and my siblings grew up the closest friends and i can't imagine it any other way. God is good and he has special plans for each of your beautiful children! May His will be fulfilled in your life and theirs!!

Tanya said...

Babies are a gift from God!!! I'm so sorry that you've had people in your life that have made this into a joke or a negative experience. I have no idea what its like to be blessed with many children...but it is a blessing. This is what you are meant to do. This is God's will for your life...so by being a follower of Him...you go where He leads.

I think that you're an awesome mom. You care and nurture your children in such a godly manner. I just want to encourage you to forgive and forget what others have to say. To each thier own.

I admire you and your strength, cause it truly takes strength to raise many children, or even just one, and in a godly fashion. But you're doing it....be proud of that fact! I wish you many blessings as you add to your already amazing family! Take care Sarah!

Nin said...

the more you soak in your identity in Christ, as a child of the King, as a mighty woman of the Almighty, as a slave to the one who died for all, the negative comments you receieve will bounce right off of you, you will not be offended or hurt, you will be encouraged. Encouraged because when you experience the kind of opposition that you and Joe are right now, you can BELIEVE and KNOW with all your being that you are walking the destiny God has laid out for you, and that the enemy is upset to watch you submit to it and obey it. He will give you all that you need, exactly when you need it. His timing is perfect, as we come to see more and more each day in our lives. He will give you all the grace you need to get done all that needs to get done, to prepare for this new little one. Take it one day at a time, and one task at a time, and keep going to the source of your strength, and all these things will come together so smoothly, and create a beautiful finished puzzle in the end, that displays the bigger picture, to all of our family members. Another testimony He is building in you and your family, exciting.

Crystal said...

Hey there Huney
I know how frustrating it is when you get that kind of support from people around you....Like I said to you on Monday at lunch.....I admire you....you are strong and you raise your children with strength and conviction....just remember who you are and who you are called to be...
Love ya

THACI said...

Sara,
I have lead the newest Chelsea to your site. So now you have another reader.

You are such an awesome mom. You have good rules, good discipline and your children are SO loved. I look forward to knowing your children as adults and being blown away by their character and godliness.

Do not let what other people think hinder you in this amazing time. In fact there is a phrase that comes to mind. " If everyone jumped off a bridge, would you do it?" You are not required to fit into the norm of what society thinks is correct. If that was the case then none of us would succeed as christians.

blessings on you as you start this journey. I will be praying for you.

You know I can always babysit too. The offer is always open, espececially if you find yourself in need of a date with that really cool husband of yours.

Lani - the flowerlady said...

Oh my, there's nothing like having lots of kids to make you get disciplined and charactered! We are learning so many lessons about discipline and obviously you are going to be learning many of the same ones. LEt's encourage one another to submit to those lessons, we'll both be so much better for having learned them.

Those comments from the blogless one are so true, though Josiah's not as old as Nic he holds him in high regard and I see him doing with Elizabeth what Nic does with Katrina. Couldn't ask for anything more!!

Janelle said...

God has given you the blessing of 5 children because He has filled your house with so much love - it needs more kids in it to accept this love! you & Joe are amazing parents! you have wisdom & energy & commitment to your family & GOd that is beyond your years. We can all learn from you! I stand behind you as well - and even though I know that 5 kids is NOT in my future - I am excited that it is in yours...and I can't wait to follow you on this journey.
Big Hugs!!

BayouMaMa said...

Don't you just want to tatoo the word "Stupid" across their forehead when people say remarks like that?

It's okay...you can admit it. ;-)

Well, I'm happy for you over here on the bayou. I pray that all goes well for you and your family.
Take care!