Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Caleb's van

Me and my little Elishah...she changes everyday right before our eyes. Eats ALL THE TIME! I'm glad to say that in the last couple of days, she's been quite content....as long as she has a boobie close by!!! We were diagnosed with thrush on Sunday which didn't help with her fussiness. She's looking around more, taking in the world around her.
I feel a little better. Joe and I did up a rough schedule, which is helping me cope.
People keep telling me that "it WILL get better..." And it is, slowly. everyday is alittle better.

Update on Caleb:
I went shopping on Saturday with Elishah at Superstore. As I was walking into the store, I saw a silver 2006 dogde caravan in a handicapped spot. A mom wheeled out her disabled child on a ramp. I was in shock, but had to know.
"exuse me.....when did you get your van??"
"December" she said.
We stood there silent for a moment. I didn't know what to say...knowing that this was Caleb's van! She actually started to cry! I started to cry and out of the entrance to the store, here I was hugging this total stranger, both of us crying....
It was very very hard to see this van. The last time I saw inside, it was mine! It was Caleb's gift to us.....
for those of you that don't know what I'm talking about. Click here to see pictures of the 20,000$ check presentation as well as the van in Oct before Caleb passed away.
Just so you know, the kinsmen phoned us in December to tell us that they had found a new family to give the van to.

It was healing as well. To physically meet the little girl and mom that got the van. It was nice to share that moment of grief with her. She was very sympathetic. Her little girl is on billboards right now if you keep you eye open for them. Telemiracle is advertising right now and the little girl that got Caleb's van, her name is Kaylie. The billboard reads, "kaylie's miracle....mobility"

Thanks to all who follow me on my journey! All of you really have no idea what you mean to me. Even though "blogland" seems unpersonal, I find I have come to really appreciate all of you. Even those that "pop up" and say that they've been reading my blog for a while. It's so encouraging to me. Thank you so much.....

10 comments:

Crystal said...

Wow Caleb is growing so fast...what a beautiful baby....she looks a little like Joe! Wow and meeting this family who got your Van...God sure planned that event....what a blessing for you...bittersweet yes but also a blessing!
Thanks for sharing

Jenny said...

That must have been a surreal emotional moment.
You have helped me in many ways Sarah.
Thanks for being real, and honest with your walk in faith.
Hope today is a great day!

jenn with two n's said...

It's amazing how people cross our paths. Much likes ours did last December. God is at work. Elishah is beautiful.

-Me- said...

As much as others may be an inspiration to you, ever since I began reading your blog you have been a huge inspiration to me! It always amazes me how God puts people into our paths when we are least expecting it to happen! Elishah is such a beautiful little girl, and I am glad to hear that you are feelin' a bit better!!! Praying for you always, girl!!!

Monika said...

Aww, Elishah is so beautiful, and you look wonderful too!
That must have been so hard to see Caleb's van at Superstore, but a healing experience at the same time.
Blessings to you,
Monikay

Amber said...

That is such a great picture of you & your little girl! Elishah is SUCH a beauty Sarah!! I love the color of her hair - did any of your other kids have that same color of hair when they were newborns?

Nin said...

My eyes welled up when I read this. I don't know what to say. A huge wave of emotions came to me, and I haven't processed them yet. Part of me wishes I could've seen Caleb name and face on a billboard, saying "Caleb's miracle".... What a process this is.

Laurie said...

thanks for the mom and Elishah pic! you both look wonderful!

How is the thrush battle going?

Your story about the van made my eyes tear up for you. But it is awesome to know another family in need of it, got it.

We are doing fine here.....slow going. :) Thinking of trying to get my membranes swept next week! So maybe there will be a little baby boy coming next week sometime!!! We'll see........truthfully, all in God's hands!!

Take Care!

andrew + camille said...

amazing amazing amazing that God set that up... these things don't happen by coincidence... It was a time for healing.
thanks for sharing.

Summer said...

That must have been an amazing to meet the lady that got your Van. That is an incredible story.