Friday, March 02, 2007

what a road.
what a journey
It's hard to believe where we've been in the last year.....

Now that the last "huge event" has passed, Joe and I have finally taken our first deep breath....
Today we've realized more than ever how much we need a break, a breather, a time to rest, a time to process, and time to be together....

After Caleb passed away, we still needed to
- get ready for a baby

-we still needed to finish the basement
-we still needed to catch up on our school work in our homeschool
-Joe still needed to go to a highly stressful job and come home to more chores.

Yesterday was 4 months since Caleb's death. And instead of being "almost done" our grieving, we find we now have some breathing room to begin. More so Joe than I. It must be hard being a man. A godly man. Joe has been more than enough for our family, providing for us, supporting us.....

Elishah is amazing. The family God has blessed me with is so amazing. Last night, I set the table for 5 people. Joe, me, Noah, Isaiah and Faith. I realized that in just a few months, Elishah will be joining us as well. I was filled with joy and thankfulness at the beauty of my family and then a second later, filled with sadness that my first born is not here to grow with us, to eat with us...
Elishah is such a bitter sweet. Mostly sweet of course.
Do you all know how she came to be???

Yes, I know....sex, that's how most of them come to be.... LOL

But A night in June 2006, Joe was already sleeping. God asked me to trust him and be with Joe. Of course, we weren't planning any children at the time, we weren't "trying" at the time and taking the necessary precautions to prevent children. But God said to me, "trust me"
TRUST ME, Do this without fear.
I wrestled with God for a good 10 minutes while Joe snored away. Bringing myself to a place of peace, I woke Joe up to be with him. He was a little shocked when I told him no protection, but I explained to him that it was a "God thing".
I cried after, knowing that I had been given life. Not out of fear, but joy and anticipation.

We found out we were pregnant so early, because of course, I already knew. I wasn't surprised.
My thoughts:
"5 kids.....wow. Thank you God." Joe and I embraced Elishah's pregnancy with much joy, knowing that God would be faithful.
Now that the year has unfolded. When little Elishah was 5 months old in my womb, My oldest son went to heaven. I held on to Caleb's hand as he died and felt life within my womb at the same time. Our God is to big and great for words. His ways are too lofty for us to understand. When I think that God planned Elishah to come for such a time as this, I am in awe at who He is.

These are my thoughts today.
Quote for the day:
Joy comes out of the abundance of a thankful heart

14 comments:

Crystal said...

You are an amazing woman....it's so inspiring to hear about the journey you are on....even though I am sure it's difficult for you you press on to trust God.....what a blessing you are!

Amber said...

That is amazing...what an incredible example of being obedient to God and listening to his voice. Sarah, to echo Crystal, you ARE an amazing woman. May God bless you and your family as you continue to trust Him and lean on Him.

Jenny said...

Amazing...
No other words!

Princess Warrior said...

You make my eyes moist sweet, sweet Sarah.

Dianna said...

WOW!! Wonder woman of God! I love how you are soo into your family! God bless you dearly! I love your blog!! It inspires me!

-Me- said...

I don't even know what to say to this post; I cant speak as I am all choked up at the moment (thankfully you don't have to listen to me, just read what I write.) You are truly a Godly woman that has had a good share of trials in the past year, and are such an inspiration to me especially. I admire how strong you are, and how open you are about what you are feeling.

Madame Angela Baggett said...

I have been in awe lately over the complexities of the created world, mostly through animal shows, and have been seeing how much more thought and care and love God pours into our human realms. This encourages me to see that He is in control, His ways are good and to trust. Thanks for sharing. I hope if God tells me the same thing I won't just roll over and tell him I'm tired!

Christy said...

Amazing post!! Thanks for sharing!

Laurie said...

Wow ~ what other words can I say!

You are a true example of a woman of faith! I for sure could learn a few things from you.

I am so glad to hear that baby is doing so well! I will continue to pray for your family's aching hearts.

Monika said...

Wow, what an amazing testimony of being obedient to God and God's amazing faithfulness.
Thanks for sharing, you are a blessing.

armacleod said...

Sarah, you have such an amazing heart. I remember growing up with you and then you left for such a long time but since I've gotten back in touch with you I see that you are in the light of God and smack dab in the centre of His plan, His Grace, and His Love. I hope that I can get to that place that you have found from your struggles and faith journey.

andrew + camille said...

i love you
i love how you put your trust in God's hands that night
and how you continued to trust him thru the whole journey with Elishah
thanks for letting me hold her yesterday, she is absolutely beautiful and soooooo cute.

Renee Shaw said...

Hi! You don't know who I am, but I got to your blog through a few different people! I have been reading on and off the last few months, but thought I should comment for once!
First congrats on the new baby! I'm also expecting my second in just 2 months! As I read this story I started to get a little teary...it's God amazing? Thanks for sharing your story, it has been an encouragement! I have a blog (I"m temporarily on a break right now until the beg. of April...life is too busy!lol), but it is private...if you'd like an invite please e-mail me and I'll be more than happy to add you! j.r.shaw@hotmail.com
I hope to hear from you!

Darcy said...

Moose just let me know about baby so I had to check out your blogs.It is so great to see you all beeming!You all look great!I hope to get a chance to get to know you all better.You both seem like amazing people and I'm so glad God has blessed you so.Congadulations and all the best to all of you,Darcy