Friday, April 27, 2007

My night last night!!!


Last night, I'm feeding my baby.
Faith is in my bed and the other two are playing quietly in Noah's room.
All is well
I'm enjoying some quiet time for myself, soaking in my lovely new basement atmosphere.
I get to watch Dr. Phil that I've recorded earlier in the day
My 15$ on sale fountain is trickling in the background
My mood lights are turned down to just the right mood..........


All of a sudden, this shiny figure that resembles my 2 year old daughter comes out into the living room.
She stands there quietly, waiting for a verdict.....

In shock....I stand to my feet put my hands over my mouth and stare and what lies infront of me...

My 2 year old, COVERED in what looks like to be at least a half a cup of vaseline!!!!!!
Her hair is standing in a mohawk. Her eye lashes are gooped with beads of it.
Her hands and arms are covered
her face is shining like the sun.

I start to laugh

Then cry.....
and laugh....
faith had no idea what mom was going to do.....

I pray for strength, breathe in nice deep breaths, and gently lift her and put her in to my tub, so I can investigate the rest of this crime scene.

In my room, my pillow, my bed, my bed skirt, my comforter, my quilt....are all COVERED in grease!
My books on my bedside, my dresser, and some of the wall.........

This is when I loose it
Call joe at work, tell him it's an emergency....COME HOME NOW!!! Baby is crying, faith is still waiting in the tub.
call my sis...no answer
my mom....no answer.....

AGHHHHHH

half an hour later, Joe is home, Faith is bathed (3 washes with dish soap and she's still greasy)
And baby is happy.




Final verdict



One bedset in the garbage
One mom who will never EVER leave vaseline (or maybe ever even buy it!) out again!!

One greasy kid

A half hour of work time that Joe needs to make up

A lot of prayers gone up to our Father for help and grace
An answered prayer,
us all coming out alive and a promise that His mercies are new every morning!




Super funny!! Go to my hubby's blog, I was just there, we typed the same thing without realizing it!
only my story was told better...wouldn't you think????

10 comments:

Crystal said...

That is so funny.....but at least it's not a poopy diaper smeared all over your walls and through their toy box....you got off lucky I'd say....I'll tell you about my story sometime if you ever decide to call me back later.....LOL!

Laurie said...

OH my goodness!!!!!!

As a mom of a two year old (almost three year old tomorrow), I can totally understand the amount of mixed emotions!!!!!!!! YIKES!!!!!

Thanks for sharing your little story!

I hope all is well!

CWG said...

That is so funny, I do understand the losing it part. Having had EJ do the blue washable marker under a layer of Vaseline. So I had a shiny blue boy at three.

CWG's wife

andrew + camille said...

oh man
i'm hoping you are doing better now

what a story
someday i promise, you'll laugh!!

Lani - the flowerlady said...

I hope you took some pictures! Josiah and Austin did that when they were about that age. Shiny, is certianly the word for it, they were so cute looking though! They made their mark in the bathroom on cedar panels. I've been very careful with the Vaseline ever since (except for once and the Sasha-meister got into it)! Dangerous stuff that Vaseline, they should have warnings on it.

Trail Rider said...

I can just see the warning....

WARNING
PRODUCT IS EXTREMELY DESTRUCTIVE! KEEP AWAY FROM CURIOUS CHILDREN THAT MAY DESTROY ALL YOUR PERSONAL PROPERTY. IF IT GETS INTO YOUR THINGS, CALL CHILD PROTECTION IMMEDIATELY! IF IRRITATION OCCURS, LOCK YOURSELF IN A ROOM FOR 10 MINUTES AND GENTLY FLUSH IRRITATED AREA
HAHA

Nin said...

haha, good warning label.
Boy that Faithfulness...
My jaw was on the ground the whole time I was watching the video.
What a terd...
At least it wasn't poop.
My little terd did that lots....
but I know you remember that, cuz she did it at your house once : )

forgiven4this said...

Aww Faith,
that is to funny, but I'm sure it happens to everyone who has kids. Love the warning label, should be put onto everything that kids get into!

Christy said...

Oh my goodness! At least you can laugh about it now!

I will remember to keep the Vaseline out of my 3 years old sight or I will be posting a similiar story I am sure!

-Me- said...

Yikes...its funny to read and I'm sure funny to you now, but I can definitel understand how at the time it probably wasn't very funny at all! Kids do the funniest and craziest things sometimes don't they!