Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Inner healing

Last year Joe and I took a course at our church called "Love and Respect"
The simple biblical truths did more for our marriage more than any advice, counselling or teaching we've ever recieved In our 10 years together. It brought revelation knowledge that rippled healing, joy, peace and freedom in our marriage. I felt like a totally different person!
Well, 18 months has passed and alot has happened since then. We've lost our oldest child, we've had a new baby, we've bought out house, we've renovated our whole basement, Joe has switched job's, moved positions... Through the weight of life and trials, I have lost focus.

God is breaking me to a wonderful place. He is getting through my walls of fear and I am taking more and more steps of obedience that's bringing more and more peace. God is opening my eyes to rebellion, fear, doubt, lack of faith and sin in new lights, and giving me wisdom on how to plow through it.

I keep wanting to share the details, but feel that I'm not supposed to share the details right now. I'm a sanguine, I like to count my chickens before they're hatched. But in this case, I need to keep on truckin' towards bearing some fruit. I pray that I will be soft and sensitive to God's work, voice and hand.

I am thankful today. My desire is so strong to glorify Him.
I hope I'll get to share more in time. But for now I guess I just need to process this work and be paitent for fruit.

The choice is MINE, the consequences are MINE, MY choices, no one else's....NO EXCUSES!!
Even wounds, even though someone caused me pain, I am 110% responsible for how I react! Fear is not an excuse! Fear that I will be hurt again...fear that i'll fail.....

THis plain, blunt truth is simple and takes alot of the confusion away. Instead of your issues being your husband's, your kids, your famikly, your friends, your church, your job....all of a sudden IT'S JUST YOU. makes it alot simpler, but yet harder....but a "good hard" cause you know in your heart it's the right thing.

7 comments:

Dianna said...

I switched my blog to private pls e-mail me @ lendihofer@hotmail.com and I will invite you to view it. You commented before when I had my blog non private Thanx,Dianna

Jenny said...

Great post Sarah!! I agree wholeheartedly!!

forgiven4this said...

Well, Sarah very wise. Its dawning on me as well. It's my walk not anyone elses. If I choose to sin its my fault and if others hurt me its my choice in how I react. Amen, thank you so much for sharing!

Take Care

Nin said...

hmmm......
I see some fruit already sprouting....
Your walk is one to look up to.
Me thinks we will be tested in all the things God has been teaching the both of us this summer. There are going to be many opportunities to share His faithfulness and truth. In our community, in our extended family, and in our daily lives, marriages and parenting.
Be blessed.... and for the road,
"Don't call me a peck"
"Oh I'm sorry, peck....peck....
peck! peck! peck! peck! peck!"

"I love you sorsha! I worship you sorsha! You almost got us killed!"

Trail Rider said...

I love you shorsha??? I don't love her! She kicked me in the face!

Go in the direction the bird is flying!!! It's goin back to the village!!!!
Ignore the bird....follow the river...

Nin said...

.....gentlemen.....meet Lug.

Trail Rider said...

mumbo jumbo....go get me some eggs or somethin'

We are NOT afraid of you!

NOW!!!!

AAAAAHHHHHH