Monday, May 07, 2007

Dr. Phil's famous quote...and a few of God's quotes too! :)

You can't change what you don't acknowledge

Joe's been saying the last few days
"it's better to be broken on the rock than to be broken by the rock" (our pastor shared that a few weeks ago)

This is my life the last few weeks....repentance....
In isaiah it says that repentance is your salvation and peace.

What is repentance?
-to turn FROM your sin and turn TO God
-to take responsiblity for your actions
-To make amends wherever you need to

But what really changes the heart?

I've been wanting fruit in my life so badly, I want to stay broken on the rock.

The more I take ownership of my actions without excuses
the more I repent right away as soon as I fall
the more I ask God for His strength instead relying on my own

The more my life changes
This isn't rocket science. This is basic christianity. This should be the daily life of every believer. I feel kinda dumb that this simple basic truth that should be modelled in my life; is ONCE AGAIN a big light bulb in my life.

I feel like I'm coming out of the cave. I feel like deeper foundations are being laid.
Romans 2
I don't want to take for granted the paitence, the kindness and tolerance of the Lord. I truly is becuase of these things that I repent and want to follow him.

5 comments:

Nin said...

amen amen amen.
It's us that make this walk with God more complicated than it needs to be, not God. His truths and laws are simple, it's the dying to our flesh that's hard.
No Jesus, No Peace,
Know Jesus, Know Peace.
Don't feel dumb.....a walk that shows consistant growth and perseverance is not one to feel silly about.
This whole 'one step after another step after another step' is something I think we'll all be learning more about until we die.

Trail Rider said...

how come my little sis is so wise??
my 23 year old sister here....one that just 5 years ago was strung out on drugs, ditching her 1 years baby girl with me, taking off for the weekend to go party, told me to &*#@ off more than I can count!

This is the fruit of knowing jesus!

Nin said...

lol.....thanks for letting my skeletons out of the closet :P

-Me- said...

I'm with NIN...Amen! God makes things so simple, cut and dry for us, but we just want to make it harder for ourselves sometimes I think!

So excited to read that you also have a cuddly wrap also! I too have been wearing Noah a few times a day, and I love it! I think I've found a new addiction...uh oh. Have a great day Sarah, all the best! Oh, and you need to put up some pics of that little beauty of yours soon..she must be getting big hey!

Jenny said...

That was another great post!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!