Friday, January 25, 2008

Why I am thankful today

I am thankful for:

A God that has chosen to come down from His throne, make himself a man, take nails that I deserved in my place....all to give me freedom. May I make Christ's sacrifice beautiful today!

All my 5 children. the blessing of being able to have them and raise them, teaching them everything the Lord has commanded us.....making little disciples....

My husband, a man of God, who fears and loves the Lord. Who strives towards righteousness in family, work and in the church body.

My extended family. Who all know and love God. Miracles have happened in my mom! There has been repentance and some real fruit from her life. My sister and my brother in law. Both who have been amazing friends, travelling buddies on this narrow road, and have given me the bestest nephew and niece EVER!

Friends that I love so much! Morgan, Steph and Jessy, Kari have been dear to my heart these days. There are many others too, but these friends, God has placed closer than ever for this season.

My blogger support. Without you, I wouldn't be blogging. All of you encourage me and challenge me to move forward.

The snow that is falling. To remind us that we are white as snow. just as we are. He loves us.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Carebear!!! I am so thankful to hear about your blessings especially your mom, cause I've been praying for her. God is awesome!!

Trev and Rebekah said...

I love how you point to Jesus in all you say and are thankful for. Thanks for the reminders.

Nin said...

I am thankful for all these things too. The snow was beautiful this morning.
I went to not-so-little-one's assembly this morning, rushed out of the house in 5 minutes! The pan wore his pjs, and I threw on a hat and sweats. It was awesome. Sorry I didn't tell you, she didn't tell me till she was getting her coat and boots on this morning at 8:55 lol. They did a rap about self control.
"self control gotta have it
when you're mad and you've had it
take some time if you need it
till you're calm inside
self-control gotta use it
keep your cool don't lose it
it's right there so use it
take control right now!"
and her arms were all folded like a hommie.

Jenny said...

I love this thankful post. Will do one for tomorrow.
Hope today was great day for you. Have an awesome weekend!

Dianna said...

I love your thankful spirit today! We all need that. Some days more so then others!

Unknown said...

Thanks for this, my friend. It made me smile! Your testimony (past and present) is an encouragement to me.

Love,
tina

Princess Warrior said...

Thanks for a great day on Sunday. It was really good.