Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Sarah.....writes poetry??

Pain pain, go away
come again another day
and put you off for one more day
you will only be twice as gray

But I can feel you inside my soul
in a bubbling, pushing, stiiring role
wanting out, and wanting free
but you can't seem to get past me

Self protection, self reliance
I stand walled up in defiance
hoping you'll just go away
never come again any other day

But deep down I know
you'll stay inside
until I face this ugly ride

Do I have faith, do I have courage
to stand and even jump off this ledge
and into what? Where would I fall?
I only feel 3 inches tall

Heck I'm writing poetry?!
I guess I'm desperate to be free
Trying something new
to ease my pain
anything to clean this stain

I can see a small glimpse of why this pain
so many others need His name
if God can redeem this awful stain
then walk with others
and together regain

what has been ripped from our hands
our souls, our hearts
and it feels like all our body parts
have been blown to bits
without a care
but God is here and has always been there

So God, if your listening
I need to face this pain somehow
but there's no way I can do it on my own
is this where your glory is shown????

Only time will tell

5 comments:

Nin said...

your heart is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.
I love you.
p.s. that was very well written ; )

Carebear said...

I think it's pretty corny, but whatever....it's what I was feeling. it felt good to write it....
def not a professional, just a real person....

summer said...

cute poem!!!!

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Sarah...writes poetry! Beautiful

Anonymous said...

Poetry does help us, I don't know why, for sure. I guess with expretion...and we don't have to be bashful...thinking of King David with all his struggles. Keep writing Sarah!! nel