Saturday, November 07, 2009

A new door to walk through

This healing journey never has dull moments. This last year, God has taken me all over the map.
From healing childhood memoires, to experiencing deep grief over life, to laughing with joy with my hubby-to crying a deep deep anguish with him too. Finding out all that's inside of me has been exciting, scary, painful, joyful, numbing,....etc.....

In Mexico, in the middle of our honeymoon, God opens up a door. A door that opened 4 hours of crying and pain. I am slowly entering this door. Courageously and most times scared shitless. Inside this door, I have found a few things that need to be cleaned out and sorted through. The first words that met me with a mountain wave of pain was, "IT WAS NOT MY FAULT" Saying it out loud was unbearable. To actually believe it---well, that has yet to come.

As I step one foot infront of the other into this room, I am met with other things. "I NEED TO FORGIVE MYSELF" Who knew? Until I stepped foot in this door, I thought I was resentful for other reasons, but as I squeemishly go inside, I'm seeing that I have a strong root of bitterness towards MYSELF! I am ENRAGED at times at myself! It comes out like a force as strong as a hurricane. Tapping into these deep feelings have been painful to say the least.

The two go hand in hand, and I don't know how God will sort this out. Blaming myself for what's happened in our marriage and pinning all my wrongs and faults to it is like mixing gasoline and fire. It's a recipe for self hatred, condemnation and self sabotage. It's like giving the devil a baseball bat and saying, "here, hit me with this"

Both God and Joe are lovingly speaking the truth that it wasn't my fault and that I NEED to forgive myself. I was young, I was immature, I was giving birth to baby after baby! My coping skills were narrowed down to big macs and a toilet bowl. My knowledge was limited to dropping out of highschool in order to raise a severely disabled child! Basic life skills were never modelled or taught to me. My relationship and marriage began in a foundation after DRUG REHAB loaded with truck loads of baggage! My resources were amazing and I know have been a huge reason as to why we are still together and a true God send!

(As a side note: People that struggle with, "Oh, I don't have a really cool testimony with drugs, sex and rock and roll....I wish I had cool stories of rescue...." DON'T EVER WISH ON YOURSELF IN A MILLION BILLION TRILLION YEARS! The pain is NOT worth the "cool stories" The consequences last you will into your life......and for those who are reading this that are dabbling in drugs, sex, and all that "FUN STUFF"....STOP!!!!!!! NOW!!!!! If I knew you, knew what you were doing, I'd slap you....and that is that.)


As we continue to root out piles of crap, I think that maybe, soon, we will see the bottom of the porcelain bowl. Hopefully, we aren't taking any new dumps into the already rawnchy smelling mound. Hopefully, God is in this crap somewhere. Digging around in it, sometimes doesn't really feel like He is, but somewhere, deep deep down inside, I know He is.......

6 comments:

CWG said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CWG said...

I might be talking about this tonight but if not, I want to encourage you to read 2 Corinthians 1:3-10

(I deleted my last comment as I gave you the wrong passage.)

Trev and Rebekah said...

You speak with authority and conviction because you've walked this road and have kept your eyes on Jesus. I really hope you write a book one day.

Madame Angela Baggett said...

He's there, right in the thick of it! I read the best thing in a devotional book called God calling. The book is written by the two listeners- unnamed women who wrote down each day what God spoke to their hearts. Today's said to forgive ourselves and others all past mistakes. Just leave them in the past, don't cary them forward, that that only increases the burden of Christ when he is carrying it FOR us. xoxo

Nin said...

It's like that one line in the shack, where papa says, you know that small little tiny peice of faith in you? hold onto that.

You leave me speachless often, and this is one of those times.
I love you.

Anonymous said...

Again I sit here amazed at how far you have come, you have so much courage and are a true to life testament of the power of God to change a life. You always make me praise God because of what I see Him doing in you!!!
Loads of Love and prayers,
Nelda