Thursday, August 24, 2006

Time is precious

Even though from our perspective and our own circumstances, it seems that life can halt for you, IT DOESN"T. God is still moving, working and wanting you to join him.

I've been getting my home ready for the next season of our life, which are some big things...as you know. Baby, reno's, new home and school.
Everyday is an oppurtunity to grow or not grow. we all have the same amount of time on this earth. 24 hours a day and we live in the present. we can't live in the past or the future, so all we have is right now. Some of us may only have a few years left, some may have a lifetime. But I know that me, and only me will be held accountable for the way that I spent my time. I've just been convicted of this time thing.
It's so precious. It only comes once. Once it passes, it never comes back. Once you say mean words, sleep in too long, stay on the phone too long(which i do too often) you can never get that time back. But investing it in the word of God, learning who He is, will be invaluable to you the rest of your life.
A few years back, I was going through the Bible on CD. going through the books and made it up to 2nd Samuel. Last Sunday, as Dale was talking about the endtimes, and what's going on in Israel, I was totally convicted that I haven't even finished reading the old testament! I really really desire to know His word. The more I know, the more I realize HOW CRUTIAL it is that I know it and believe it.
I also know that a desire is great and all, but desire doesn't make it when the rubber meets the road. The desire is a start, but only that. a start. Then you need commitment, discipline and perseverance. And constant prayer for power and grace.
I refuse to let this precious time pass without the eternal things being sown into. I look back at the last 10 years and realize that in that smae amount of time,
Noah will be 17! Isaiah will be 15! Caleb will be 20!!!
The baby will be 10! 2 Of my kids will be driving, near graduation and making choices of where God will lead them as adults! Joe and I will be 38 and 40! We will have been married 20 years!

It just has me all thinking that's all. God has given us free will...THANK YOU FOR IT! Cause you can CHOSE him, which is so beautiful!

3 comments:

Nin said...

wow, that could be heavy. Praise God that He allows us to live one day at a time, by casting our cares and burdens on Him. When I'm struggling with feeling overwhelmed with life, it's only because I'm not walking in that blessing, of being able to cast my cares on Him. I have my ups and downs with this one, as my mind can get side tracked with all that my next season is bringing! baby, new house, little one going to school...... But God remains a constant through all the change. He is still always there, waiting for me to come to Him, in submision, in faith, in trust, in abandonment. My father rocks! :)
Good good good post. Good reminder, of not letting our days waste away to nothing, and not including God in our hopes and dreams, fears and failures, as well as our everyday mundane tasks.

Crystal said...

Ok now I feel guilty for sleeping in yesterday....and if you wouldn't have woke me up this morning I would have slept in too...you are right there is no way to get that time back. But it still felt good to sleep in....LOL!

Trail Rider said...

I can't believe your in blogger ville! you just moved! but of course, your hubby is working around the clock, I'm sure you'll be settled in a couple of days! LOL What's he doing now? Painting, sanding? cleaning? i'm sure he's doing something.....