Saturday, November 11, 2006

i hope caleb is eating cake and icecream!


Up before everyone else. The toilet called me, since last night, I ate Saskatoon Asian food and my buiscuits are burnin. my friend is coming to take me out for breakfast. I'm looking forward to it. Since Caleb has been in hospital, I once again have fallen off the food wagon. I'm sure alot of you are thinking that it's not important right now to worry about that. But in my case, eating for emotional comfort and using food as a drug is very distructive. I know that it will only make things worse. I still feel called to walk in all circumstances. During the crisis of it all, I didn't worry about it. But I just feel a little nudge to take care of me.

This week has been up and down. Monday and Tuesday were brutal. I thought I was going to go into depression...which scared me, cause I've been there and it's not fun. But I'm pressing through, trying to think of all the good things about this. Walking with the Lord and with Joe. It's hard when he's at work.

I've had several moments this week where i've wanted to just sit and cry, there were a couple of times that I decided I was just going to sit in Caleb's room and cry for a while. Of course, Faith had to join me, sit on my lap and kiss me through it all. But I always find that when I just want to sit and cry and grieve, life goes on and calls me all too quickly. THe phone rings. The doorbell goes, the kids need something. Time to go somewhere........better dry those tears and carry on.....
There is such a hole in my heart where Caleb was. Such an emptiness....I miss him.....

I can't really think of what else to say
Joe is amazing! We had our `10th anniversary on the 9th of november. we knew it would be a different year, but had no idea it would be this for our family. Something that i've already shared with him is that I'm so glad that we are foundationally at a place to "just BE" with eachother. no more striving, trying to talk, trying to be close....we just are. It flows naturally. we are just so much in love. I thank God for this, he is really carrying us through.
God is still good, he is still just and he is still worthy to be worshipped.
I feel that with all my being
signing off

7 comments:

Warren & Liane Thiessen said...

Hi,
when I had the miscarriage, my sister-in-law send me the lyrics of a Third Day song, and it comforted me. So I was thinking and praying for your family and thought to leave you the lyrics of that song...

Tunnel - Third Day

I won't pretend to know what you're thinking
I can't begin to know what you're going through
I won't deny the pain that you're feeling
But I'm gonna try and give a little hope to you

Just remember what I've told you
There's so much you're living for

There's a light at the end of this tunnel
There's a light at the end of this tunnel
For you, for you
There's a light at the end of this tunnel
Shining bright at the end of this tunnel
For you, for you
So keep holding on

You've got your disappointments and sorrows
You ought to share the weight of that load with me
Then you will find that the light of tomorrow
Brings a new life for your eyes to see

So remember what I've told you
There's so much your living for


- Liane

Lani - the flowerlady said...

you're doing so well, dear friend. Kelly and I were having a crappy day the other day and started singing, "Lean on me" at the top of our lungs...it's amazing how a good, loud, song can help to clear the head, 'and help you carry on'...

Anonymous said...

Still thinking of you a lot, and praying for you every day!

Tanya said...

Happy Anniversary!

I hope...I know that Caleb has enjoyed ice cream and cake already.

I think of you often...and when my life gets me down somedays, I remember that its not so bad and I have alot to be thankful for.

Thanks for "stopping by" from time to time...I'm still prayin for ya, and thinking about you often.

Love ya my blogger pal!

Crystal said...

You know I am here for you any time...unfortunely I am probably one of those phone calls that you dread......praying for you today
Blessings

andrew + camille said...

i got a lump in my throat when i read this. but i also had a big smile when i read about you and Joe. how your relationship is doing, it makes me so happy. i just love your family.

Janelle said...

Hey! Just letting you know that I've changed my blog to be a private one! I still want you to check it though & be my friend!! :)
so, please e-mail me at j-losworld@hotmail.com with the e-mail you use for Blogger so that I can send you an invite!!! thanks!!!
- Janelle ( J-Lo's World!)

p.s. Sarah - i'm thinking of you always!