Thursday, August 02, 2007

I'm quitting weight watchers!

Time to start planning my next school year. I always start out quite intimidated, but yet, I have an element of excitement. I'm excited about new growth in myself to take it to new heights, excited to spend good quality (and quantity) time with my kids, teaching, discipling and having fun. Not like we aren't doing that now, but in a routine schedule, it runs smoother and more efficient.

I am going to go to one last meeting of weight watchers and then I just can't justify anymore to go step on their scale for 15 bucks a week. I don't even have the option of staying for the meetings anyway, and I have a scale at home. To be honest, I'm tired of counting points. And I've always said to myself that I didn't want to spend the rest of my life counting.

I have found "body for life" through witnessing someone close to me work very hard and achieving some amazing results, I have decided to embark on a new, yet same road.

Body for life focuses on getting rid of the fat content, while replacing it with fit, fat burning muscle. To make for a healthier, fit and toned body. Instead of counting everything, it's simple....a carb...a protein....each the size of your fist and any veggies you like. Eat many times a day (up to 6 depending on how much you are working out) I am only eating 3 basic meals and 1 to 2 small snacks, because I don't have the weights to do the weight portion of the program yet.
It's so simple for me (and for anyone)
6 days on...one day off. I have appreciated the information about eating more often. It has curbed cravings and leveled the high and low spikes of my blood sugar levels. I am looking forward to a bigmac, icecream and a twix bar on my free day!!! with no guilt...

This is my new thing....but yet, something I've been kinda doing already.....
yet, it's not a new thing to come and go. But am really enjoying the fruit of a healthy LIFESTYLE. not a diet, but a way of life.

5 comments:

Nin said...

whoo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

My dear you are beautiful as you are,and Firestar(or how you say it)and I don't care what size you wear of how much you weigh. Please don't loose your focus, but I guess you do everything with all your heart,so be it, that's what makes you so special. I have spent a number of nights till two in your arcives(hubby isn't too happy about that)and am head over heels for your blog. Nelda

Jenny said...

Yay for Body for Life! That's what I'm doing and absolutely love it!
I didn't like WW either. It does work for some,but for me it wasn't what I wanted.
You go girl! This sista in BC is rooting for you all the way to the finish line!

Laurie said...

That is great! Good for you!

I think I might give the WW a go, in the fall.

I am too, getting ready to homeschool my second girlie Kindergarten this fall....mainly going to focus on Saxon math K, and Sing spell read and write, and we'll just see how it goes!

Your family pictures are beautiful!!! Where did you get them done?

I also want to know you thoughts on immunizations......if you have my email still....email me, k!

Trail Rider said...

Nelda, Thank you for your kind words and words of caution. I do need to keep my heart focused on God and running His race and not mine. I needed to hear that. I think it's so cool that you have read through our archives, I so desire to speak about God and who He is THROUGH our lives. I pray and hope that you have been touched of the goodness and faithfulness of God through our story! Bless you Nelda! Do you have a blog?