Monday, October 15, 2007

My son

ahhhh, my son......

He has challenged me more than anyone I know. His heart is so good. He is sincere to the very core. But he's a boy and he's a sanguine. what this means is:

He's constantly moving and making some kind of noise.
He's usually in someone's space
He's either talking to you, to himself or to nothing
He will, out of the blue, jerk his body, yell with his tongue out, or throw whatever is in his hand
He acts first-thinks later

I love my son, just the way he is. Just the way God made him. Somedays, I really wonder why God made such a breed of human, but then I see how he brings balance to our home. His joy is overflowing, always ready to make us laugh. We can choose to embrace his gifts. Or get frustrated that he is not like us.

God has made us each so individually unique. I hear God saying today to celebrate the differences in those closest to us. Take today to appreciate the things that usually annoy you. Without those people in our lives, we wouldn't have opportunity to grow and learn new things.


6 comments:

Laurie said...

I think every family has one or two of those 'different' characters. At times it is so hard to think of the positive. But thank you for sharing your positive swing on things! We love each one of our kids just the way God made them! :)

Unknown said...

I've come here many a time and have always grown and learned new things, thanks for the blessings. Nelda

Crystal said...

I know what you mean, with both of my kids I sometimes wonder but I sure love them and the balance that they bring to our home! Teenagers sometimes can be challenging but I am loving every minute with them.
Let's talk soon k?

Nin said...

speaking of Noah....I assume you finally found him after he fled the scene of the crime yesterday? lol...
I love how you describe him in the second paragraph. That is so him to a tee!
And you are dead on when you speak of his heart, and how genuine it is. He is an amazing nephew, (that always has me on my toes) and I love him! I love how much he loves the Pan.....I see it in his face when he sees him. I know he'll be like a big brother to him, and I'm so blessed to have that for my son, and for it to be Noah.

Lani - the flowerlady said...

what a good idea.

Andrea said...

Your son sounds like so much fun!! I love kids (or adults for that matter) who are always ready for a good laugh! :) And I only have 1 child yet, but I sure see how even his different personality brings so much to our home!