Sunday, November 04, 2007

been a while

many waves in the last few weeks....

Too much to catch up on....

Reader's digest version:

Caleb's death anniversary was Oct 27th. Reliving all the memories of his death and sickness. It was a hard week. I crashed bad on Thursday and had to take 2 days off school. I couldn't function. The very cool thing about going to his grave was I laid out all his tubes, meds and suction cathaders. It was comforting to know that he is free from all that sickness. I am truly thankful that he's with Jesus. His life would have only gotten worse. His scoliosis in his back was going to take putting rods in his back, more surgeries.....he can run, talk and eat! (not like there's food in heaven, but i like to think of it that way!:))

We went to his grave and listened to his song 'lifesong' by casting crowns.
I wanted to take pictures, but it just seems so odd to take pics of the grave. I can't do it yet.

My mom has been very sick. It's hard to watch her die. Her body is really throwing in the towel. All the years of abuse have officially caught up with her. She can't get through a day without 16 hours of sleep and if she leaves the house it can only be for one hour or so and she needs to use the wheelchairs provided at the stores.
She won't quit smoking.....I really can't explain how hard this is.

On a more positve note, school is going really well! I am proud of myself. We work very hard and have a ton of fun while we do it! We have covered a ton of material already! Isaiah is half way done her grade one math program already! and it's only the beginning of november! the marks they are getting are unbelievable. Isaiah has scored 100% on 3 math books and 95 on the other 2. Noah has not scored lower than 92 and there are many 100%'s in various subjects.

I am thankful for my kids, I am thankful that I can stay home and teach them. I am thankful that by His grace, they are learning a foundation of his word and of who He is. We have bible stories everyday. I just know that GOd is confirming this path for us as a family.

That's it for now.
take care everyone, and thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Rhonda said...

I have been a lurker on your blog for a while. I keep coming back because of what we have in common. My youngest daughter has severe cerebral palsy. I am sorry for the loss of your son. I know what a blessing our daughter is to our family and others around us.

I also can feel with you in your mother's illness. My dad passed away almost 9 years ago on Christmas Eve. He only stopped smoking the last 10 days of his life. It was hard to watch him getting sicker.

Please know that you and your family are in my prayers.

Rhonda

Janelle said...

thinking of you!! i can only imagine how tough the last few weeks have been for you. i think in your young lifetime, you have had to deal with more than 100 of us combined. yet - you count your blessings, and continue to see the Glory of God in your life. i love that, and i take it with me! :)
BIG hugs, and know that you are loved and cared for, and that God will surround your Mom...

Ian said...

I just recently visited the gravesite of my grandson Hector Gordon Wallace (Jennifer and John's first) and it is a good reminder that this life is not all there is. Everyone seems to need that constant reminder that this life is just temporary and that the unseen is what is permanent. Caleb will be the first to greet you some day, I am sure.

Crystal said...

I am so sorry your Mom's health is failing, I am praying for you guys during this difficult time!
I am so thankful for your faithfulness!
Blessings

Trev and Rebekah said...

I am glad you found some healing at the grave. I hope that you can continue to find healing as the years pass by.

Nin said...

love you love you love you
thank you for bringing all his things to the grave site....it blessed me.

Unknown said...

Missed you! Keep letting that sunshine in. How creative to take the meds and stuff with you to the grave, you will have had no choice but to see the good, and it is - a choice.

Carol said...

My heart goes out to you. I'll be praying for God's strength and grace to you and your family.

Madame Angela Baggett said...

I didn't realize you lost your son the same week Jenn lost her's. Blessings on you as you move through the milestone of the first year and continue to miss and celebrate him.

On another note, we would definitely love to see you. We are hoping to arrive the 11th (Tues.). That Thurs. or Fri. would be ideal for a visit, since baby will be coming that Mon., but we'll be there 3 weeks, so we'll give you a call when we get there.

Tanya said...

I'm not sure what to say...but I'm lifting you up in prayer...and your mom as well.

Monica said...

I hope you found the strength you need through a difficult month, and ahead as you watch your mom suffer.

About the cake classes, it is at Michael's, and for October it was only $21 but I think it's usually about $35, plus your kit which is also about $35 (although if you watch for the 40% off coupons it helps with supplies!) It was a lot of fun, I've only done Couse 1 out of 4 so far but I'll definitely keep going as it fits my schedule.