Tuesday, November 27, 2007

High calling, low calling?? Part 1


I've been burning up with passion about being a mom and a wife again...

It started with God doing a work in my heart a few weeks ago. Bitterness and frustration were common attitudes in my heart. I was finding that my days were filled with bad thoughts of others and being angry at my kids. Even though I was trying so hard to hide it on the outside, it was seeping through anyway. God says, "out of the heart, the mouth speaks" So evidently, my children and hubby were the brunt of the crap in my heart.

My desire is to be forever changed when God does a work in my heart. I guess sometimes we do go back into old patterns, that's part of being human, but there is a new foundation that is being rooted in my character......one that I've been longing for.....one that people will recognize and say, "There's something in that girl! She's so at peace"
Praise God for JOY!
Not happiness.....JOY....

Joy has NOTHING to do with happiness. Happiness is surrounded by circumstances. Joy is found only in God. Joy is found when you are satisfied, when your purpose has been made clear and real. I've been longing for this for so many years and God is building it, as I give over the things that would normally make me bitter. When the kids spill their milk, we laugh, when there's playdoh all over the table and floor and supper is ready, we laugh. I can't believe it...our home is filled with laughter. A contentment....a deep contentment....

A contentment in what? In my purpose. For me, I am a stay at home mom for right now (who knows where I'll be in the future) but for RIGHT now, I am at home being the keeper of my home. Whether I work outside the home or not, I am a mom and a wife. Those roles do not change with my job description during the day, but I will talk about being a stay at home mom because that's where God has placed me for now.

Our society has knocked what I do all day with my kids. I've had to fight the pressure of "going out and REALLY doing something with my life" Go out and get a REAL job...." But when the dust settles, what's really important? When the day is done, what really matters?
In the end it's all about relationships.
Our kids will remember the days of playdoh and crafts, not the expensive toys we buy them.
Our kids will remember mom serving hot chocolate after playing outside in the snow, not the designer clothes they get to wear.
They'll remember the stories, the cuddles, the board games, the laughing, not a clean oven, a sparkling tub and ironed shirts.

Ever since I started writing this post (it's been 3 days in the making due to lack of time) I've been challenged still with these thoughts! It's SO SO easy to fall into old patterns. It's a daily choice to focus on what really matters. For me, this is very hard at times. I just finished reading this book from the library called "Speed Cleaning 101" Good book! But it kinda leaves you feeling like you're not doing enough. "I'm not washing the bedding enough, there's bacteria on the fridge handle, I need to disinfect the kitchen sink more, I need to buy this tool and that tool, I'm not on top of this, or that....."

Man!!!! No wonder Jesus said, "take every thought that you have and scan it through the spirit lazer!! So many thoughts are detrimental to our peace and joy!!! And without knowing what the truth is, there's no way you can fight the battle of the mind!

I will write on being a wife next time. This post is getting long. I could talk about this for ever....maybe I'll make this like a part series....hee hee.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right, it's hard to do what you do because society is against it. I think you are amazing! It's hard to do God's will and not mine, it's a struggle every day but just like everything in life, it's a choice!
Thanks for stopping by and encouraging me today Sarah!
Love you

Nin said...

I love you....and you are amazing. What else can I say?

That book kind of did that to me too, and totally, the bacteria living on my fridge handle....sheesh. But I love love love Crystals post, and how she concentrated on all the positive things she's changed. We could all benefit from doing that more often.

Thank you so much for finger painting with the pan, and all that you do with my daughter. She LOVES going to your school. And I LOVE sending her, with her little (not so little) backpack and lunch kit. And while I'm not impressed with the whinning, she would'nt say AWWWWWWW! everytime I say it's time to go if she didn't love it there, and feel completely safe.

You're great, at being a mom, an auntie, a wife, a daughter and a sister. I look forward to vol.2

Unknown said...

You laugh at spilled milk! Are you crazy?? No, sorry, that's exactly what I need to hear. Wonderful, awesome, post, I priomise to lighten up just for today. I'm sure there is more bacteria to be cleaned in my head than any where in the house. Thankyou so much for your insight, may God bless your dirty socks off. xoxo