Friday, November 30, 2007

surviving vs thriving

Years ago, Flowerlady taught me about thriving. It's impacted me. Ever since she shared with me what it means to thrive, I've been striving to thrive ever since.

Ever since I wrote my last post, I really started to struggle. Usually when you declare something, there is testing on 2 sides. God wants to continue to deepen His work, and the enemy is out to steal what God is giving you.

It's all good. This morning, I phoned Joe to apologize again!!! Sheesh!!!!!!!!! Over the last 3 or 4 days, going back to the past....but was able to turn around with the beauty of repentance. I asked Joe before bed, "was I different today?" He said, "yes, I noticed"

Such an effort it takes. I have seen days, where it comes natural and that's where I get really excited. But for right now in this moment, I am making very concious choices without really "feeling like it"

There's a few thoughts that came to mind when I was asking God how and why I got to survival mode....

This is what He said,

I'm not filling my tank in the morning. I was getting good at spending time with Him, filling up so I had something to give my family during the day....but I guess once things go well, I figure, I don't really need to read the word today....WRONG!

I am not fixing my eyes on Jesus. I'm paying attention to the messy house, the bacteria on my fridge door and the pile of laundry that I can't seem to get through!

I am not running with perseverance the race marked before me. I'm running other races, that I think I should run, not the races God has placed before me.

I need to embrace hardships as discipline. When road blocks come ( and they are!!) Learn from them, repent where I need to, praise where I need to.....

These are some of my sleepy thoughts....Have to go write in my log now.....

3 comments:

Nin said...

"I am not running with perseverance the race marked before me. I'm running OTHER races, that I think I should run, not the races God has placed before me."

This is interesting to me....
Me thinks I will be pondering this one....

Laurie said...

I read your posts and sometimes can totally see me.....my thoughts....my attitudes.

Just yesterday morning, after taking the puppy out to pee at 5 AM, I layed there thinking.....finding myself becoming more grudging about whether or not my hubby will let me sleep in, or if he'll be around to help me with the kids, or if he'll help me keep the house cleaned up (on his day off).....I was starting to get "grouchy"......and caught myself....or God caught me and said "STOP IT!"......I started to think.....I am going to CHOOSE to have a good attitude no matter what. How fun is it for my hubby to come home to his wife who is "done" for the day, grouchy, sulking....So I thought, I need to work on me.

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on your blog. I don't put a lot of mine on there.

I was also reading a devotional the other night ( a rare thing lately ), that is for "busy moms", the first lesson was dealing with the core of things.....our inside. And you are soooo right, I need to focus on Jesus and God and the Word everyday.......it will be a way to start my day right! And I KNOW that the rest of the day will follow accordingly.

I will pray for you, please pray for me too. It's tough being a mom sometimes, and I want to enjoy being that. I was actually thinking that I need to email you sometime to talk about your schedule.....I think even though I am not much of a scheduled person, I NEED IT!

Thanks for your encouragement on my weightloss, how true God has helped me through much! I appreciate that you give God the credit where it always belongs!

Lani - the flowerlady said...

Hey Sarah,

I miss you tons. Have thought about you and prayed for you during the 'anniversary' times. Just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten about you. I love you!