Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Alright, that'll do donkey.....that'll do....


Okay, my life is falling apart all around me. Everything that can be IS being shaken. I think.....(God prolly has more up his sleeve I'm sure....)

I am totally convicted these days to be a "DOER of the the word" This morning as I was doing my devotions, I was reading about peace. (I've decided that I need to know what the word says about peace and how to get it and how to KEEP it in the midst of all trials.)
As I was reading, "Keep peace and pursue it" Joe calls shaw cable to find out that we're being screwed! They told us we weren't going to get charged....yada yada....and the lady is saying that we are!

"Hey lady! Don't you know we are without income, my basement looks like a tornado came through, homeschooling is surviving by a thread, our bills are coming out our yin yang and on top of it all.....don't you know that I just finished reading to pursue peace and you are part of my test!!! I really don't like you at this moment and I don't want to pursue peace with you! I just want you to erase my bill so that I can get what I THINK peace is...."

Of course, I didn't say that to her, but I was thinkin it. I failed the test.....again. I hung up on her and then cried some more.....There's no way on earth that that lady would have known I was a follower of Christ. My sister has been sharing some of her learnings with me and how God is showing her what a fool is. A fool is someone who hears the word of God and doens't obey it. That would be me this morning. Oh, Lord I really am trying!!!

Okay, I can do this.....No correction, God can do this through me. I can't do this on my own, I NEED the grace and power of His resurrection. I will get this. I will not give up.....
I will continue to pick up my cross daily....minutly (is that a word?) and follow him. I know God is with me and His love is neverending. The bible says that we are to PURSUE peace....to earnestly seek after it. That means of course.....more action, more "doing" more step by step obedience......sigh......

Those that wait on the Lord will renew their strength, they will rise up like the eagle, they will run and not grow weary, walk and not faint

God, I surrender to you. I obviously can't do this. COme and fill me so that I am impowered to walk walk walk this road.....Love you lots because you first loved me.

5 comments:

Moose said...

Man can I relate...been there, done that, still doing that, will continue till Jesus comes back.

Yes there have been times I have not exemplified Christ and blew it, but God is much bigger than that.

A wise man once told me that it is not that you fall down, because we all do, it is the direction you are looking when you get up.

Sister, you are looking in the right direction - at God. I want to encourage you in that.

All the rest are wind and waves.

As long as you stay hyperfocused on Jesus, He will get you through.

He promised He will never leave us or forsake us and He is not a man that He should lie.

You and Joe have good hearts. You are seeking God. It is not easy but yes you are trying. When you stop that is when you are in trouble. Don't give satan the satisfaction. He dont' deserve it.

Forgive yourself. God already has. Move on.

I like the Full Armour pic you posted. It reminds me that there is no armour in the back, only in the front. When we drop everything and run, that is when we are vulnerable.

Ephesians 6: 13-18b

Therefore take the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having girded your loins with truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the equipment of the gospel of peace; besides all these, taking the shield of faith, with which you can quench all the flaming darts of the evil one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. Pray at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication.

Stand Therefore Sister. God has something Really Big at the end of this (and this too shall pass) for you guys. I just know it.

Blessings -Moose

Trail Rider said...

wow! Thanks so much for all that encouragement! God knows i need it right now. Those are powerful words that God used through you to encourage me to keep on truckin'

I'm so glad that you are in our lives! I guess there may be something where you may not be here forever, but God's will be done!

andrew + camille said...

i've been thinkin of you lately, and your family. you guys are such a great example to the rest of us of how to truly be obedient to Christ, and to persevere thru the hard times. it's thru the "trying" and the "pushing" that you will feel God's amazing presence and will be in the best place you can be - in His will.
i hope I can be there for you guys. let me know what i can do to help - even if it means hanging out with Isaiah for a day or baking cookies for y'all. ok? we love you guys.

Janelle said...

Man! What an example you are - letting yourself be so honest. We all go through times like that - but not all of us will admit it and yearn to change our feelings & especially our responses. God will reward you for your constant efforts!! You can't be perfect remember! I'm gonna come back & read this post a few times this week so that I will continue to be challenged in the same way. God Bless!

BayouMaMa said...

Hey CareBear! Whew! You are being tested Sister! I once heard a pastor say that God tests us, not to see how we react...because He already knows the outcome. But instead, to reveal to us how we react...to show us what we're made of...to let what's in, flow out.

Hang in there! Yes...take it one minute at a time if you must. Sometimes, that's the best any of us can do.

I love that you are so transparent and honest. Sending {{hugs}} your way.

Blessings from the bayou!