Monday, March 27, 2006

Praise God for His wrath!!!

This sunday, Kelly shared his heart on repentance. The joy that the Lord gives us new mercies every morning. Although we don't like to think about this part, God's wrath is also there and it is coming.

God's wrath is just another amazing quality that my God has! Our God is so loving that He is going to bring justice to all the wrong doings someday. I hear allot of people say that they don't want to believe in God because He allows bad things to happen to good people. They say that there is too much suffering in the world and that if He were God, He wouldn't allow that to happen.
As time passes in this world, we are given a gift.....free choice.
Without free will, there is no love. Without any choice, there would be no way to chose to offer peace, love, acceptance, forgiveness, joy. What a gift that God has given us. Through my free will, I am able to give Joe a huge squeeze to show I love him. I can chose to phone a friend when she's in need. And others can chose out of their own choice to show me how much they care for me.
Of course, with this gift, some people (actually ALL people, the bible says that all have fallen short of doing right) abuse this from one time to another. We use this precious gift to hurt one another, to fill our needs instead of others. Most of us have good intentions, but some do not.
Those that have been making bad choices for many years, have allowed their conscience to be seared (Hebrews 12) Once they have hardened their heart, these people can hurt alot of people.

God loves us so much that He will one day bring justice to all the wrong. That makes me feel secure and safe. There's a part of me too, that wants to make sure I'm in line so that I am not in the path of His wrath. You know what I love about all this? I love that I don't have to be the judge. It's hard being a judge! Let me tell you!!! Trying to break up my kids's fights and trying to bring them justice is very hard! Cause I wasn't there to witness it half the time! I'm only human. And I know that allot of times, I do not bring my children proper justice. But God sees all! He knows all and HAS PERFECT LOVE!! HE IS PERFECT! So I feel so incredibly safe to know that a PERFECT GOD will one day bring perfect justice! Now that's a load off my back!
When my neighbour harrases my guests for parking in front of her house, it's not for me to judge her.....it's my job to love her and let God do the judging.
When someone cuts me off,
When someone gossips about me
When someone backs out of a commitment on me
When someone steals from me
When someone smashes in my window.........
God will judge....and I don't have to

I was reading in Psalm 94 today. It's a psalm full of truth that God will pay back our enemies someday. and in the middle of the passage it says, Blessed is the man who God disciplines, for when trouble comes, he will be will find rest.

So there is always that choice.
Do we recieve His discipline.. and allow it to change us....which is for our own good and cause He loves us?
Or ingore His commands and pay for it later?
I think I'd rather have rest when trouble comes than strife and have Him take me out for hurting people.

God's laws are there for one reason only......
To love one another!!!
that's it!
And when you break those laws....you are for surely hurting someone, which will in turn ask for justice.
The beauty of having Jesus as my Lord and savior is that I recieve forgiveness through the price He payed on my behalf. He recieved the nails that should have been nailed through MY hands! And now through God's PERFECT plan of salvation...
He can turn all things to good....even my mistakes.

What an awesome God we serve!!

6 comments:

Crystal said...

Such awesome truths.....
thanks for sharing...I love your heart!
Blessings

Moose said...

Wow...Amen Carebear...very cool... Moose

Nin said...

I really look forward to listening to that sermon on cd. Sounds like everyone walked away with a lot more truth in their knapsack :)

Trail Rider said...

did you miss that sermon by being in children's ministry?
I am starting to work sunday school. Pray for me that I have the heart of Jesus for the kids.

Lani - the flowerlady said...

I guess that may be the most of that sermon that I hear...the computer crashed and they lost the recording. I guess I'll have to get him to give me the up close and personal version...if we can ever find time to be by ourselves again!! :)

Janelle said...

post something Carebear! i miss ya!