Tuesday, March 07, 2006

whole hearted

Life’s ambition occupies my time
Priorities confuse the mind
Happiness one step behind
This inner peace I’ve yet to find

Rivers flow into the sea
Yet even the sea is not so full of me
If I’m not blind why can’t I see
That a circle can’t fit
Where a square should be

There’s a hole in my heart
That can only be filled by you
And this hole in my heart
Can’t be filled with the things I do


Hole hearted
Hole hearted

This heart of stone is where I hide
These feet of clay kept warm inside
Day by day less satisfied
Not fade away before I die





That's a song by Extreme. It was done in 1990. What powerful words. They echo in my heart and spirit today.
God water the hole in my heart.




I am now
whole hearted
whole hearted

8 comments:

Trail Rider said...

Thank you Noah for your photography!
LOL

Chelsea said...

You are now whole hearted!
Keep on keeping on my sister. This journey is for life.

Father I pray for my sister. I ask that you would bring her perserverance and hope. Jesus lighten her heart and lighten her load. Father I pray that she would find all her satisfaction and all her joy and all her contentment in you. Thank you Jesus that this is a one man race. Thankyou that you have given us peaks and valleys to climb and run. Thank you that when we turn to You, You give us the Umph to carry on.
Bless my sister and her family today.

Sweet sweet sister,
Thank you for being my travelling buddy!

Jenny said...

I was reading the words humming the tune and thinking "how do I know this song?" That's a beautiful picture of you...you can sense the peace, love and calm.

Lani - the flowerlady said...

I missed you, too. but I jsut had to lie down for a bit. I don't think anyone was too loud today or I was just too tired - zonked right out...oops. I was just gonna lay down until you came and then Kelly was waking me up telling me you were gone...

Lani - the flowerlady said...

so that's how the dishes got done. thank you so much, it was a HUGE blessing to come down and see that finished, I was too tired to take care of it right after lunch...you are a blessing!

Crystal said...

Great picture....thanks for thinking of me today..& praying for me.....I sooo appreciate it!
Love ya

Tanya said...

Love that song.

I'm sorry that I've been kind of absent. I've had alot on my mind as of late.

The first verse of this song pretty much sums up the past couple of weeks of my life.

Thanks for the comments on my blog. It was great to hear from you.

Take care Sarah, I'm always around, I just may not show it, but I'm here:)

andrew + camille said...

i love how real you are
i am blessed to have you and your family in my life
our church family would not be the same without you guys!!