Wednesday, June 14, 2006

family planning

i think it's funny how we are all commenting on joe's post in my blog!!

This is so encouraging guys! thank you all for sharing! I love how we encourage one another to follow christ and submit to his plan for our lives. Both camille and tanya, your story adds to how God works.
It's such a journey. As long as we all keep looking up, God will direct us all

I can't believe that i've spent 10 years of my marriage in confusion to this issue. I wish that I would have listened sooner to God's leasing on this area. I do believe tho that He is and will be glorified, regardless of when i 'get it'.

These last few days, God has been directing me in being a good steward of what he gives us. If we had a million dollars, would we just spend it like crazy? no, we would use the money wisely. And seek God to how he wanted us to use it.
Same goes with our fertility. I want to listen to God as to when he wants us to have more babies....if any at all. I think both Joe and I know there is at least one more on the horizon....but we will keep our ears and eyes open to God and His will.

I really feel at peace with this serena stuff because it really is taking care of your body. I haven't started it yet, still reading the material. Thanks ya'll for sharing in this journey.
let's keep the lines of communication open and pray that God's heart will be heard in these issues.

The first book that was written by mary pride, (i've only read 4 chapters so far)
I felt like she missed someof the blessings in marriage. She puts alot of emphasis on having babies, making babies, bearing babies, bearing fruit.......she also (in my opinion down plays the joy and blessing of romance and companionship) for the sake of making babies. I am very much for the fact that we are called to multiply...if God has blessed us with fertility, but to miss the romance....i don't know.
As far as the romance goes, I believe that God uses the parallel of a wedding and the bride and bride groom for a reason. he wants to have a romance with us. It's totally biblical! So I feel like she is missing this amazing piece to the mystery as the bible calls it.
that's it for now
blessings

6 comments:

Crystal said...

Very interesting posts.......not sure if I agree with everything but I do agree with this...children are always a blessing from God......it's one of His greatest blessings I believe, that He entrusts these precious ones to our care.......I have a friend who I really admire who just had baby #8.....now there would be no way I could have that many children BUT I really admire those who do have the desire and the patience to raise that amount of children. I believe that God blesses you to handle that amount of kids with the right amount of finances too.......but often we don't trust Him with that.....He owns the cattle on a thousand hills surely he could sell a few more if He blesses you with a large amount of kids.
I don't know but that's my perspective.....I love my 2 kids...that's what I know for sure! I might consider adopting sometime in the future.......there are so many kids out there that need stable homes.....not that I think our home is better than others but then there are allot of abusive and negectful homes too...but we will wait and see what God has for me too!
Blessings

Jenny said...

Good post. Thanks for sharing your views on family planning. 3's our limit. Not really financial (although that is a part) but it's all we knew we could handle semi-sane! (just joking). (although I have suffered thru post partum depression before and that was hard and Scott and I!)
On another note: I thought that the garbage can in your kitchen was a toilet! I just thought to myself,"that's an interesting looking potty!" LOL
Anyhow, thanks for your views. Have a great day!

Nin said...

LOLOL to Jenny thinking your garbage was a toilet!!! I went back to look at the picture again and it does look like a toilet! lol......funny....
yeah so I haven't even read the actual post, I just came in here to read the comments, and saw the toilet thing, had a laugh, and now I'm off. I'll read this later, but suspect that since I talk to you everyday, that I already know everything that you've shared on here. I've enjoyed sharing our hearts on this matter, and am looking so forward to being drug free after pregnancy! Thanks for teaching us as you walk through this.

CWG said...

BIG Families
I dont know why anyone would want more that 2 maybe 3. kids are so annoying. I hopeyou know I am joking. Welcome to the other side....I dare you to beat K & L....Have fun.

Trail Rider said...

dear CWG...
since you have5......
you'd better be kidding....sheesh

In the words of my mother..."it's not a race guys.... I don't know what it is about hopers...they think it's a race...
(as soon as my mom heard that Kelly an Lani were pregnant again, my mom sighed and said, "oh great, now you're(talking us) going to have to have 7 in order to be ahead!!"

LOL...

Lani - the flowerlady said...

WOW!! Maybe we aren't losers after all!! WE WON THE BABY RACE for now anyway...sounds like theirs competition out there!! (totally just kidding!!) I have to protest just a little on that financial thing. We are well below the poverty line and living pretty happily without alot of stuff that seems to suddenly become necessary when there's cash to be had. God provides our needs and sometimes even our wants, but we sure don't have a herd on a hill (even if we did it wouldn't be worth much right now!!)