Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Summer is so great

I'm starting to look like a different race. My skin is now a dark brown and I am happy....even tho I will look like a leather shoe before I'm 35.....
Oh well, soak up the rays now....look old and wrinkled later.....
Yesterday, I fell asleep in the sun to my children giving me a back massage....how cool is that!

We are waiting to hear if we can buy the house we are in now. We have applied, and just waiting.
God led me to Luke 12 this morning in tieing in with Ecclesiasties 5. The parable of the rich sower and in Ecc it talks about riches being meaningless. I find it interesting, yet totally a God thing that he is leading me here just as we are on the verge of prosperity.

Well, I'd better do my chores before my house turns into a sauna. My kids are awaiting breakfast, and I'm excited to work in my yard again today!
God is good. In Ecclesiasties, one thing, I felt the spirit teaching me was that contentment of the heart and being able to enjoy all that God has given you is also a bonus gift of a blessing! Your riches come from him, but the gratefulness and contentment also come from him. In verse 5 (i think) it said that those who love wealth will never be sastified with his income and whoever loves money will never have enough. In Luke God calls you a fool if you think that you will be happy when you are rich....and your life may be taken from you on this very night if you do not find your riches in God.

Well, that's it for now...
peace of God be with you....(and no one say, "and also with you" in my comment box!! LOL)

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Those were great verses you shared. They are so true. My husband's and I biggest struggles were when we had financial problems years ago;however, those lessons were valuable. Truly our family is blessed with a nice home, good income etc, but those aren't the blessings that I am truly grateful for. I am grateful and blessed because I have a close knit family that loves each other and respects one another. My children show us true joy on a daily basis, and I know I have true love and commitment from a beautiful man. To spend an evening with my beautiful girlfriends and share laughter and good times is another blessing I am thankful for.
Thanks Sarah, for letting me think of my true joys.
Have a great day and enjoy the sun!!! (I too, am enjoying the beautiful weather and getting quite the tan!)

Crystal said...

I am getting freckles.....does that count? I hope you get the house.....I love working in my yard lately too. I will miss you when I am gone.....
I want to say "and also with you" so badly
Blessings

Nin said...

hubby and I are continuously learning and falling in this very same area. so glad God is patient with us, and gentle enough to lead us through. I'm glad we're in this together, and that the four of us can learn and grow from eachother. it's such a blessing having you two walking beside us.
oh yeah, AND ALSO WITH YOU

Jenny said...

I imagine from your current post that you did get approved to buy your house. If so....congratulations!!!!