Friday, January 12, 2007

Do not be decieved


God cannot be mocked
A man reaps what he sows. If he sows into the sinful nature, he will reap destruction
If he sows into the spirit, he will reap eternal life.

I had a dream last night. I had slept with a native man. From conception to birth is 9 months. So logically, if you truly did commit adultery, you would have 9 months to deal with it, get ready, repent, make right....but you may still reap a child that is not your husbands 9 months later...
In my dream I sowed into sin and immediately was faced with the concequences. I was in labor with Joe by my side, I realized that this may not be his baby! I had to confess it to him. I was so broken with the thought of having one of my children not joe's. the consequences of having a blended family can be very complicating....
At this point, I was reaping what I had sown.

I talked to God about this dream this morning. I could hear his spirit speaking to me about choices. Today, He led me to Galatians 9:6. DO NOT BE DECIEVED, GOD CANNOT BE MOCKED, A MAN WILL REAP WHAT HE SOWS.

There is no way around this. This truth, this part of God that speaks justice, love and discipline, is very comforting. It goes both ways. Good seed, bad seed. Sowing sparingly, sowing generously. Sowing cheerfully, sowing reluctantly. Sowing compulsivly, sowing with God's wisdom.
What does God want us to not be decieved about? That God cannot be mocked. You cannot live a secret life of sin and expect God be glorified. You will be humbled, your seed will bear ugly fruit. God will remain true and you will be a liar!
Satan wants us to think that when we sin, we will not reap anything. Or if he can't get that one past us, he'll try to tell you that the consequence is so far down the road that you may be able to steer clear, or fix it later...he'll tell you that you still have time before it gets too bad.

I got up this morning and Joe has been leading our kids in devotions since school started. He sat down and said, "okay kids, today we are going to learn that we reap what we sow!"
HMMMM....I love God's timing. I love how God does that.
For me, a huge trial hit. My son died. Grieving was now the road set before me. It's been super bumpy, hard and confusing. But this, I'm realizing doesn't need to be so. Grief does not mean your life turns into a big ball of sin. A ball of uncontrolled anger. A ball of eating out the fridge because "I'm grieving"
I have been struggling with giving into sin (emotional eating, anger, resentment, gossip, negative thoughts, expectations on certain people....)
A spiritual mother once came to me in tears last year to confront my gossip tendencies. She cried out of love that she didn't want me to reap what I'm sowing. But she knew that I would.

God has given me ALL grace to do All things at ALL times to do EVERY good work.
Do I believe that?
I do. I really do. But if I don't act on this abundance of free grace, then it is like I do not believe.
God has been faithful to pull me out of this muddy pit. I'm getting the big cleaning. And I'm forever grateful for the God that I serve. His love endures forever. It is unfailing. It's full of justice, discipline and the greatest desire for me to mature into the likeness of his son. A preacher said last week that He wants his son to get married. He needs to make me spotless, pure and holy....and I want to do that for Him. it's the least that I can do.

7 comments:

Princess Warrior said...

Thanks Sarah. I am deeply encouraged:)

Kim Funk said...

wow thanks for that, i needed that...Im still struggling with emotional eating..very destructive..and from what i have read i know you know all about that!!!

Trail Rider said...

I sure do....:(

Nin said...

wow....
am very encouraged as well....
God is so amazing, even in this hard time....

Crystal said...

What an amazing post.....God is so faithful! You have been a blessing to me.....love the new paint colors for the basement by the way....
Love ya

Lani - the flowerlady said...

good word girlfriend...

Tina said...

Thanks for this. It was very challenging and timely and causes a great stirring in my heart...for both of us!