Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Still no pics......but they are coming

Even tho we've only had ONE day of school, I was very happy and relieved to start our routine again. It went really well.
I even took some pictures of our schedule on our wall to show you, but I can't get the pics off the card to the computer....agggghhhh, technology!
I had a pic of our tree, the new colors going up in our basement.....

Ryan is downstairs AGAIN, helping us....he is such a good friend. painting with Joe. I sooooo want to help and go down there, but I guess in this regard I feel stuck upstairs with the kids while Joe gets to have all the fun. Of course, when they were all doing hard labor, I was more than happy to be cooking, cleaning and taking care of the kids upstairs. It's just all the fun colors are going up and I just can't leave them upstairs unattended for an hour or more.

I will have pics soon.
By the way, my new favorite movie is "cinderella man" with russell crowe.
It's not the boxing story that gets me. It's their marriage. It's how much respect she shows him, how much love he shows her. It takes place in the great depression and it challenges me to be grateful, and to be there for Joe no matter what. Our men thrive on us rooting them on, believeing in them, dreaming with them.....One line in the movie, she says to him, "you are the champion of my heart" That is my new thing that I've been saying in my spirit and in my heart to him.

10 comments:

Jenny said...

I agree I love that movie as well. I can't wait to see what your basement turns out like...
Glad to hear you've begun school again with the kids.
I'm not private anymore....
http://mamaliscious.blogspot.com/
Happy New Year!

Trail Rider said...

i'll add you back on my side bar so I can come see you more!

CWG said...

You should try taking the kids with you to paint. Holly and I just painted our new "games room" downstairs and we got Israel a 2 inch roller and Simeon had a paint brush. We appointed them places to paint and they went at it.One wall has LOTS of paint but it was fun doing it together, watching the fun they had. Just a thought. Good to hear that things are coming together down there.

Connie said...

what an awesome post! a reminder to be that "great woman behind every great man"! and by the way, i commend you for home schooling! way to go! 3 of my bestest friends homeschool and i have so much respect for them!! (as i do for you!) :)

Trail Rider said...

Cwg, If i wasn't so anal.....that would be a great idea!!! LOL

But....there is a spot, under the stairs that is their space. I will think about letting them help with that. did they get covered in paint?

CWG said...

No we dipped the paint.

Tanya said...

Sounds like you're having fun these days...thats great.

I haven't seen that movie yet...sounds like a good one.

Take care and Happy New Year!

Crystal said...

Looking forward to seeing those pictures...maybe you could come out for coffee sometime to my "new" house?
Love ya

Trev and Rebekah said...

I totally agree with your thoughts on us needing to root our men on. That is one thing that Trev would say. He tells people I am his biggest fan...and I am. I was told before we got married by my mentor that our marriage and ministry would flourish only if I was his support through prayer and encouragement.

Kim Funk said...

ohhh thats one of our most favorable movies also...it is a great storey though isnt it!!! and i agree with all that you said!!