Monday, January 01, 2007

Sorry for the lack of pics these days

I hope people still come read here even tho it's pretty much just text, no pics, no real color....

Today we saw happy feet. stuuuuupid. written by enviromentalists, made to make us feel guilty for eating fish and with major sex appeal for our young children. booo
read the reviews, but somehow missed that it would be bad...

tomorrow is our first day back at our homeschool! I'm very excited. I feel washed by God to start fresh and feel carried by God to make it through. He has restored my passion for home teaching and for thriving with my kids! I have redone my schedule to fit our new lives. Caleb is still on our schedule, I just couldn't take him off. But the rest of our blocks are redone.

I'm sad that the holidays are over already. mostly that I love the atmosphere of my white christmas tree and I don't want to take it down. I love sitting in my living room, sipping chamomile tea with my new addiction...glade scented candles. (those ones that turn into oil and fill the room with a beautiful aroma)

I have 7 or 8 weeks left until baby. Nesting is still always there, and I know my home isn't ready for our baby yet. I like to be ready by this time. crib up, clothes put in drawers....even tho babe sleeps with me for 4 months, it's funny that I want the crib up. I'm so thankful to my sis and bro that we can still use jonah's old crib.

Does anyone have a baby gate that they'd like to sell? we need one for our homeschool. Faith, bless her heart, loves to "get right in there" when the others are trying to work. Any homeschoolers out there with any ideas on what to do with toddlers while teaching?
Joe works evenings, so I have officially put him on the schedule while he's home in the mornings to take care of faith for some chunks of time so I can do my teaching. other than that, I have a couple of short "play dates" with each of her siblings and a trip in the tub to keep her occupied and happy.

So, I'm off to finish tweeking all what I need to do tomorrow. I guess public schooled kids are still off this week, but I just wanna get started since they've missed enough.

blessings.

9 comments:

Princess Warrior said...

It sounds like an exciting timeat your home. Well done in taking the steps you need to take at the time you need to take them. Are you finding your safe place or should I keep praying? Not that I ever stop praying or thinking of you and your fam:)

Love Sher

Trail Rider said...

You faithful one! sherry palmer! I LOVE YOU!
Pray as the Lord leads, but in answer to your question, God is drawing Joe and I very close together, which is SUPER GOOD, especially in this time of losing our son together. I could see the plot of the enemy trying to separate us through lack of understanding, communication and different ways that we were grieving. If you feel led in you prayer time, you can pray continued protection on the unity of our marriage. God is faithful, and He promises us that if we hold fast to him, He will bless us.

thanks again sherry, you are a true sister.

Princess Warrior said...

I will do that!

Nin said...

We were going to go see Happy feet, but then I read your blog.....I don't want to feel guilty for eating fish....it's yummy....
We didn't end up going swimming either, little one is down for the count again, in bed with a fever. Sheeeeeeesh....
I'm glad that the holidays are over... we already took our xmas tree down! it was down in the first! it felt so weird, to take it down so early.....we grew up with a mom who didn't take it down till Feburary.
We'll need a baby gate too eventually. If there's anything else you need that we have let me know.
Boy that Faith and her tub. You should ask her if she wants to sleep in it. I bet she'd say "yah"
Oh yeah, and no need for pics, I know what you look like, and any event that you would show, I was probably there lol

Amber said...

Hope your first day back teaching was a good one Sarah! I was thinking of you & your kids today.

† Amber

Connie said...

i love that your christmas tree was white (me too) and that you're addicted to glade candles (me too - especially apple cinnamom - yummmm) all the best as you get back into homeschooling!!

Trail Rider said...

i can't find apple cinnamon!!!

Connie said...

maybe ut was just a christmas thing (apple cinnamon) but soooooo yummy!

Laurie said...

as for homeschooling with a toddler....I found it very hard too. I finally started doing school when She was napping. But that isn't always a nice solution either.

Our oldest went to public school this past fall and will continue to do so. However, i will be starting homeschooling again full force in the fall with my 5 yr. old. I have to admit I am a little nervous about it.....with doing it with a 3yr. old and a new baby. But I am sure it will go ok.

I don't have too much other solutions.....other than getting her , her own "workbook" that she can do whatever she pleases with, color, cut whatever.....might keep her busy!?!? That's what I did with Emily when I was homeschooling my oldest.

Happy homeschooling. I hope it continues to go well for you!

Laurie Bouchard