Monday, January 22, 2007

The life of a stay at home homeschooling mom


I have exactly 26 minutes before Isaiah's piano practise starts.....


I have been reading this awesome book lent to me by "flowerlady" . It's called 'Home by Choice'. She was right, it has been very encouraging to me. There is such a battle for the mommy's these days. The media called it the "mommy wars" in the nineties. The well educated, ambitious moms were off to pursue their careers, while the women who were less fortunate had no choice, no ambitions, no goals, no joie de vie to leave the home. They were the ones that were usually unfulfilled, unhappy and depressed having to change poopy bums, make kraft dinner and sing ABC's with little people...
Not me. Even before I started this book (which was only a few days ago) I have been in such awe with my calling. I love my kids! I love that they are little people to talk with, share, grow and love with. I love watching how they learn, love eachother, and get to know God. I'm at a place where I actually crave to be with them. If I'm out shopping, or with family, at appoinments, I just want to go home so we can paint, read, listen to "jungle boogie"!! great CD by the way! LOL
I can't imagine missing these moments in their lives. When Noah plays his piano and glows after a song well done. When Isaiah puts her words together and reads, she gets so excited. When Faith (not yet 2) puts her laundry away, throws her diapers in the garbage without being told, helps wash the table after meals....it's priceless and I'm so grateful that God has blessed me to stay home!
I am not depressed, unfullfilled, or bored. I do not feel that there is some bigger greater life waiting out there for me. This is it! this is where I want to be. I see fruit in my kids everyday and I wouldn't miss that for the world!!
I want to make it very clear that this is NOT an attack on any working moms or anyone else for that matter. This is my story, for my home. So if you work, please, don't feel judged by me. I know that every family and circumstance is different. These are just our own personal convictions.
Noah and I are making our first lap book on wolves this week. Click here to find out what a lap book is. I'm very excited.
Well, I have 9 minutes left to gather my thoughts and get ready for an afternoon with my best friends. The little ones I disciple....

7 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm happy I made the choice to be a SAHM.

Crystal said...

Hey I am with you girl...I stayed home for the first 11 years of my kids lives....I loved it for the most part.....there are always ups & downs but I love my kids and I wanted them to know how important they were to me and still are! Now I am a working Mom and sometimes I really dislike going to work......
Blessings

Laurie said...

I loved what you said in this post. I don't think there is a greater calling for us moms! It's awesome to be at home with our kids, to share in so many moments. I think there are times when I can lose that focus, and frustrated with things, But I would never change this way of living! It's awesome. And good for you for sticking with the homeschooling. I found it quite overwhelming (and I didn't even have the amount of your load on my shoulders), However, my second daugheter and I will start up in the fall with Kindergarten. I do enjoy your thoughts, and I am very encouraged by your words of wisdom!
Laurie Bouchard

Laurie said...

We do have a lot of similarities, it's kind of funny :)

How exciting about your basement! I am sure it will be so nice to have that all done before baby comes!

I am hoping these renovations go quickly on our house, too....before baby comes! ~ we are actually moving to Regina in June, so it's busy busy around here.

Thanks for your comment! :)

Laurie said...

Me again!

Can I add you to a link to my blog? Is that ok with you?

Trail Rider said...

sure!

Nin said...

ahhh....one of our many trips to wherever... Good ol' baby girl.
I seem to remember my little one taking a small fit before/during and after that picture. Isn't she good at hiding it in this one?