Friday, February 02, 2007

His faithfulness


Trusting God.....
Following God....
Giving up our rights....

What does all this mean???

I am getting a clearer and clearer picture of this all the time. Alot of people are angry with God, mad at him for the way life turned out. People blame God. He's easy to blame, after all, isn't He the one "in control"??

Following Jesus is never a piece of cake. Once we become christians, our lives don't suddenly go all perfect. We don't all of a sudden get everything we want.

It isn't "if the storm comes"
It's WHEN the storm comes

It isn't "if you have trials"
it's WHEN you have trials....

God wants His children to be solid on the rock, so that WHEN the storm blows in, you will stand firm.

Noah prayed for Caleb to be healed. Caleb went to heaven instead
Noah prayed for a brother, but God is giving him yet another sister.
My friend (who isn't a christian) said to me today that she's concered that this is probably damaging his faith.
Hmmm, I told her that this is the perfect lesson for Him to learn of God's wisdom and infinite goodness. The sooner you can understand and grasp this, the sooner can know God's unfailing love and peace. The bible says that God's ways are higher than our ways, that His knowledge is too lofty for us to attain. it's too great for us to even begin to wrap our heads around it. There are 2 truths that we tell our kids over and over. especially after the death our our 9 year old this year....
God is always RIGHT
God is always GOOD
It's neat to see Noah learn these things. If he were to always get his prayers answered he would never learn the truth of these things. And neither would the rest of us.

My baby is breech....again....I had a feeling.
I lay in bed at night and lay down over and over my heart.
I AM afraid of having another handicapped child.
I AM afraid that I will have to have another C section (if this baby doesn't turn around)

But.....I know deep down, I really really do, that He is good and He is right. That His plans are to prosper us and not to harm us. And that NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, I WILL HOLD FAST TO THESE TRUTHS! I will declare that He is God, He is worthy, despite my fears, worries....He knows my heart. He can see that I really do trust him.
If this baby is not healthy, will I sink into the sand?

God's faithfulness is an amazing, supernatural thing! No one can explain how someone can have a severely disabled child with a million hardships, and have them loose that child in their 10th year of marriage and still declare HE IS WORTHY. Flesh doesn't do that. Praise God for grace. If He can carry us through that, He can carry us through anything!

So, I sit here, mixed with fleshy, godly emotions on carrying this fragile little life in my belly....
wondering how the next few weeks will unfold.....
I don't know......
I have no idea.....
But I do know....
that I can rest in His faithfulness.
(Brian Doerkson's song: Your faithfulness has been my song in this season)

11 comments:

Nin said...

amen....
I will walk this way with you (and not in the matrix, but the real world)

jenn with two n's said...

Thank you Sarah. I wrote out my feelings of anger today because I've been avoiding God. Although my angry list didn't really help. What you have said is so true. I share similar worries as you, for the next time we have a child and yet...God is faithful. He is in control. He is RIGHT; He is GOOD. I needed what you wrote today--imagine that! Keep holding onto those truths--I will too.

Princess Warrior said...

Hey Sarah Bear
I guess this is why you have been on my heart so much. Sorry I haven't talked to you. I will trust Him with you:)
Sher

-Me- said...

Oh boy...being mad at God. I've definitely been there a few times in my life, but in the end I've realized that I just need to fuly rely on Him no matter what!!! Thank you so much for sharing this post ! I will be pryaing for you in these next few weeks too, and its really great that even through all of your trials you still can look to God and fully trust in His plans! You are an inspiration, my dear! Btw, your having a girl?? congratulations!

Crystal said...

Amen sister......I am so glad you shared that!
I hope you are doing well....been thinking about you allot
Blessings

Laurie said...

Your faith is so encouraging to me.

I will be praying for you and this baby!

A friend of mine, had a breech baby, looked up some things to do to try to get baby to turn, and she did! I really hope and pray it all goes well for you!

Take Care.

Jenny said...

Your faith is so encouraging and you are such an inspiration.
Thanks for sharing!

Laurie said...

I hope that the carpet laying went well! And the fact that it was Caleb's bday.....I hope that went alright for you too! Thinkin' of you often!

Rolland is going to try to do it here, on his own! I hope it goes well here too LOL.

You'll have to share pics again of your basement,soon to be done!!

Dianna said...

Hi care bear
I've been checking out your blog frequently and wanted to let you know what an encouragement you are to me. Thank you for your insights and honesty. I'm interested in meeting new blogger friends so please feel free to also check out my blog if you want. would love that. lendi2-thehofers.blogspot.com -Dianna

Laurie said...

Thanks for your comments! I enjoy checking your blog!

Yes, it is funny how similar some events in our lives are! :)

Any news on the breech baby?!

We live in lloydminster......and will be moving to regina at the end of June.

my email addy is laurienkaelie@hotmail.com if you are ever interested.

Take Care.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ said...

I certainly understand your fears . . . even with faith in God. I have the mind battles too. I am due in a few weeks with our 12th - I've had a stillborn baby in the past, and also will be having my 5th c-section, which I dread. But indeed we have a faithful God who will never leave us or forsake us.http://joyinthemorning.clubmom.com/