Thursday, February 15, 2007

Praise report!

I had butterflies yesterday, as I went up to the assement ward at RUH. Emptied my bladder, just in case they had to do their own manipulating of the baby. They showed me into the room and there were 3 really nice doctors there. One on stand by for emergency, one in training and one in charge. They were all so good. Of course I've been in the birthing room with my sister and one of my friends a couple of times with a total of 8 births I've had and witnessed! So I knew on of them that delivered an old friend.
They all poked around to see if they could "out of their expertise" tell which was the head and which was the bum. They asked me if I thought I felt it turn on my own at some point. And I told them of my experience late Monday night:
Laying in bed, starting to contract, the baby took 10 minutes to turn, but that's when it all happened. it was the most intense movement! I said to Joe, "I think she just turned around!" I even phoned my sister at 11:15 pm and told her. But of course I had my doubts. I just wanted to prepare myself for the worst.
Two out of the 3 docs said she was still breech. They asked me, and I said she was head down. Well, I was right! She is ready to go, I'm SOOOOOOOOOO excited to birth this baby. bring it on! (complete with an epidural please!LOL)
We set up the crib yesterday, got some clothes ready, I'm feeling 100 times better! thank you so much for praying everyone.
Joe and I were sitting in admitting (by the main cafeteria) and feeling very odd. This was the first time that we were back at the hospital since Caleb's sickness and death. Staring at the main mall and glancing up at the 3rd floor where he last was......I started to talk to God.

You brought us here. To this very place.
We are pregnant because of You
The baby is breech because of You
we are pregnant AT THIS TIME becuase of You
Caleb's life ended at THAT TIME because of You
We are sitting here gazing into this hospital with these happenings, because of You.
What is the significance of the timing?
Why did you choose to have us bring death and life in a span of 4 months in this place?
I know you are not a God of chance.

I believe that as time unfolds, more of our small puzzle will be revealed. There is meaning in the timing of this baby and the death of our first born....

10 comments:

Amber said...

SARAH! I am SOO happy to read that your baby has flipped! What a smart cookie that one ;) I am praising God with you...and once again in awe of your strength & faith in our Lord.

Kim Funk said...

wow that is wonderful news sarah!!
i look forward to hearing about your birth story!!

Nin said...

thats so awesome!!!!
SO happy and excited for you. So excited to be there to witness the birth of another neice!!
Did even think about how that would be to be in the hospital again. Not sure how that will feel when I'm there again. Can't imagine how hard that would've been....
by the way, it was almost midnight when you called me that night. I know this because we were in bed. :P
Oh yeah, and I'm sorry, but after reading your last post, all I could do was laugh at the fact that Joe went to work without gitch!!!!! I'm still laughing..... mental picture.... lol.....gigglegiggle.....plus the fact that everyone wrote in all this encouragment, and all I could think of was Joe having to go out with no underwear, made me laugh more, cuz I felt like I was re-living the whole you breaking your ankle and me standing there pointing and laughing all over again.... That's funny...
leave it to me to leave an inappropriate comment after such a deep post.

Tina said...

God is so faithful! That is wonderful news. I am so glad He chose to relieve you of that worry and stress!

-Me- said...

I would have jumped up and down (if I wasn't so pregnant.) I was very excited for you...How awesome is God eh!

Princess Warrior said...

Yay. I just love how much our Father loves you so much that he is working in you to be more like Him. YAY YAY YAY!

Madame Angela Baggett said...

So glad to hear that it is going better. I can't imagine what all you are going through as you welcome a new baby and say "see you later" to your first. In so many ways, it must seem that heaven is near. I have a friend who is going through a 2 year plus ordeal of chemo with her first child, constantly facing the possibility of loosing her. During this process, they also had a second child. She says her baby is her joy. May this baby bring some of that deep rooted healing and joy and perspective that only a new life can give. Love you- and may this birth go awesomely well with healthy baby and mom.

Jenny said...

Yay Sarah!!! I thought of you today.
I have to agree with Nin...I kind of giggled with the thought of your husband going ginchless to work.
Have a great day!
(Can't wait to hear her name!!)

Crystal said...

What awesome news........just goes to show that prayers do work......and I wasn't going to say anything about a gitchless man going to work but since Nin brought it up.....it brought a smile to my face.....it's a good thing we weren't going there to do any shopping that day.....I would not have been able to look him in the eye.
Love you

andrew + camille said...

yay
super super happy and relieved along with you. i am so glad!