Thursday, December 28, 2006

christmas update

Christmas is over.....phew......

It was a good christmas, hard, sad, but good. im glad it's over tho. 5 days of running around with sick kids was not the funnest part. Being with family, celebrating all that we do have, laughing, those were the good moments.

At one point, there was a present under the tree for Caleb that my mom forgot to rip last years tags off. Had a big cry about that. Joe and I are wrestling and trying to walk down this path together, it's been hard for us. Being that we are different parts of the path at the same time. I'm so thankful I have him. He's really the only one that knows what it was really like to take care of Caleb, to live with him, to know the hardships of that road. The other night, we came together and realized how importnant it is to lean on eachother. I have had my sister, my mom, and others to walk with, but I've realized that Joe is the one....Not that I don't need my sis or mom, but Joe is my other half, the one God gave me to walk through life with.

I feel bad for Joe, I think people don't realize it, but it seems that he hasn't been "allowed" to grieve. His dad in particular, models the attitude,'just carry on, move on" and becuase joe's a man, there's less room for him to heal, cry, just be.

That's a very short update of the holidays.
can't wait for new years. im very excited about that.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Merry Christmas Sarah.....I hope your holidays go ok and you have time just to sit back and enjoy the good times as well as have time to grieve.
Blessings

jenn with two n's said...

We too have had a Christmas full of emotions...and the flu! So glad that you are excited for 2007 and that you have God and Joe to lean on. I'm grateful God gave us the husbands he did.

Connie said...

thinking of you over the holidays! :)