Monday, December 11, 2006

good day



I love my hubby. My sister and I went out for a quick coffee last night and was bragging up our hubbies to eachother. It's amazing how we can be sitting in a pile of mud and every now and then, we'll fling some mud in their faces only to have them gently wipe their faces clean and say, "i love you, what do you need?"
My hubby has been so supportive, steady, and understanding.
He's hard working, selfless and puts his family in his utmost priority.
He's been so faithful in working in our basement, meeting our needs, putting in his all at work.....

Today was a good day. With the basement almost completed and in the finishing stages, the stress is easing off. As much as the pain of Caleb is rolling in, there is a definite healing behind the pain. I sat in His presence today, just pouring out my heart in worship. What a safe place. It was like I was carried to this place where no one could hurt me. Where, even tho I was hurting, I was in the highest level of care. That He was taking care of my hurt.

Before caleb passed, I was having a hard time "just being"
Just being the way I am before my God, my daddy, my father. I had a hard time recieving the unconditional love that God had for me. I've always struggled with having to "preform" "be good" If I'm sinning, he doesn't love me and if I'm "doing well" he loves me. It's been years that God has been trying to unravel this perverted way of thinking in my life.
Now that Caleb is gone, and I'm totally broken. I couldn't even force myself to be someone im not, even if i tried with all my might. I HAVE to be just me. So today, to sit in His presence and JUST BE, was so healing.
I love to praise God in the midst of trials. I love to declare that HE IS STILL WORTHY through hard times.....becuase I know he is.
I love that I can hide away in this "secret place" and know that I am in the hands of a mighty God. Today, I wanted him to know with my own lips that He is worthy, He is good, that I love him, that I trust Him. I really do trust him and his plans for me....for my family.

I know that there are days when I'm really down, sad, even depressed. But God is showing me that that's OKAY. He knows my heart. He knows I still love him and trust him and that it's okay to be sad and that doesn't mean that I'm not strong, or that I don't have a solid enough foundation in Him.
I want to follow him. I want His will.......
I want people to know........HE is WORTHY of our lives......still.....especially when things are dark and dim. Caleb would want that.

9 comments:

Lani - the flowerlady said...

do you know the song, "Could I" off the All I Need album. Could I just sit here awhile...

I love that song, I love you...

Trail Rider said...

yeah, i do.....
haven't heard it in like a year.....
i vaguely rememeber it.....
i don't think it was one of my fav's becuase I couldn't just sit.
but maybe i should dig that one out and see if i can now....
thanks for that.

Madame Angela Baggett said...

I totally identify with you in the struggle for perfection/performance/ doing vs being. The Lord has of so gently revealed this in me and I've been trying to just love him, not do things to impress him or others, but to just love him. It's a whole new ball game. I'm not sure how I'm doing at it. But I want to be different. Thanks for sharing.

jenn with two n's said...

Today was a good day for me too! You said it so well Sarah. My husband has been a rock and God is our rock. What can we offer but ourselves when we feel stripped and broken? You do honour your son. Much love.

Jenn

blank said...

Thank you for sharing your heart. In many ways I am here. I need to just rest in HIS presence and not be a mother, wife, nurse, friend, anything, just His. Thanks again. Yesterday, twice throughout the day this was Matthew's prayer, "Jesus please take care of Noah's brother and Mama Tracey..." He has a very clear understanding of where they are and a strong faith! It wasn't until Matt was in RUH that he asked where Caleb was. He was thrilled that Mama Tracey AND Caleb were with Jesus!
blessings today sister.
Audrey

Monica said...

Well said, Sarah. And when others see that you still love God through the pain, that's when something good can come out of it. Thank you for being willing to open yourself up to us all like this!

Jenny said...

I just had to say you are so inspiring. I just read Nin's blog and you are always full of encouragement. Truly you are a blessed soul.
Thanks for sharing your journey with us.

-Me- said...

I really enjoyed this blog entry Sarah...Sometimes its definitely hard to remember these things, but when we do its so incredible! Lots of prayers to you and your family!!! I was also reminded of a Bible verse that I'm sure you've probably read a million times lately, but God has really laid it on my heart lately in a lot of my own personal struggles....Psalm 46:1, "God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble!"

Jenny said...

Hey Sarah I'm public again...at first it was a good idea, but I couldn't even log in to view my blog half the time.
I have a different addresse:
http://mamaliscious.blogspot.com/
Have a great day!!