Sunday, May 25, 2008

Love

everyone's looking for love

what it means

how to get it
how to give it

what it looks like

what true love is

what real love is

where it comes from


Jesus has been whispering this to me for days
"Love one another as I have loved you"

He loves so differently than I do. My love is so conditional, it's so surface.....
God loves so deeply, so faithfully......without limits, without fear or hesitation.

If you can't recieve God's love that FREE, than you are only writing blank cheques with no money in your bank account.......the cheques will end up bouncing, coming back "Insufficent funds"


God's love OVERFLOWS, SPRINGS UP and comes from His storehouse. God, Open my heart, help me to risk, help me to be vulnerable, to trust, to let you in so I may OVERFLOW and stop writing bad cheques......

2 comments:

Nin said...

I will definately be meditating on this today.
I really like the picture God gave you....
That's the thing, is when we're consumed by His love for us, it will naturally OVERFLOW, we will not need to try....
I've been chewing on this for so long, and all I find is, that I am in fact writting blank cheques.
Thank you for sharing this and being real. I love you.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it our focus on Him that make our shortcommings
so visibel to ourselves?

No greater love has any man then to lay down his life....

Nel