Monday, May 05, 2008

Faith


scripture I'm meditating on right now, among others...

Faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you can't see
Faith expresses itself through love
But by faith we eagerly await through the Spirit the righteousness for which we hope.
Continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.
Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

I'm in a strange spot of surrender/war. Everything in me is being shaken at this time. I go from hope to despair. From light to dark. I know that only one thing is constant in all of this....God. He's amazing. He walks me through this without leaving me. If it's light or dark, His love still penetrates.

Questions never stop coming. It's a sweet place, yet it gets ugly too. Definietly in the fire. Last night I swore my skin melted right off. But I hear a voice that says, "that's only the surface, my child"

Joe is out of town for 4 days. The cry of my heart is for God to reach through the pride, the flesh, the fear, the masks and can bring revelation, change and radical faith.......

I will be taking a blogging break for this next week. Pray for my family if you feel led. I will miss y'all!


5 comments:

Madame Angela Baggett said...

blessings- we'll miss you blogging too. Hang in there. He has already done so many beautiful things in your heart and He always sees you beautiful even on the days you don't feel like it - in life and in faith!

Nin said...

I'm praying for you

Jenny said...

Praying for you Sarah!

Dianna said...

Definitely praying. God must absolutely LOVE your heart!

Trev and Rebekah said...

I just got back. What's up? Anything I can pray for specifically?