Monday, October 27, 2008

Caleb's death anniversary and hospital

God's timing is perfect, but as a human, sometimes, I don't understand that whole perfect part....

On Caleb's 2 year death anniversary (Oct 27), Joe was put under for emergency surgery. His appendix had ruptured and was severely infected. It had absessed. He's been in the hospital since monday. The doctors said that "his appendix was one of the worst we had seen, it was BAD! It was a real mess in there"

Joe's on some heavy anitbiotics, but there was talk yesterday of opening him up again to do some more cleaning. I sure pray that doesn't happen. When Joe 'woke up' from the anesthestic, he was in intense pain! From all the sucking and prodding and cutting they did. The surgery was an hour over what they thought it would take, because of the big mess inside.

Days at the hospital. We don't know when he will be coming out. Please pray for us. Our kids and our family. We need health and wholeness.....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're in my heart always.

Morgan

jenn with two n's said...

I was already thinking of you and the two years that have gone--I had no idea Joe was in for surgery. May Joe not need to be opened up again.
Love and prayers,
Jenn

Anonymous said...

I'm still reading you, but unable to comment. Amazed at the work of God in your life, and many prayers on your behalf.
Nel

Madame Angela Baggett said...

So sorry to hear about this turn of events. Yeah, that would be very eerie being up there, not just physically, but emotionally and spiritually too, with your heart going out to Joe and bleeding for Caleb. Strength to all of you and healing to Joe.

Tanya said...

Sarah I will pray for you and your family. What an emotional rollercoaster! You are a strong woman...you have a strong family and God has his arms around you all.

Take care!

Dianna said...

Oh my goodness I was catching up on your blog posts. Was shocked to red about Joe. He is def. in my prayers as I too am recovering from surgery also apprentices. I had mine removed Oct 6 [on my son's birthday] Mine was ready to burst. How thankful I am that it hasn't. Al the more reason for me to pray more earnestly for your family. May God keep you covered. Am thinking and praying for you all.

Jenny said...

Oh Sarah...
saying my prayers girlfriend!!!