Saturday, October 18, 2008

Weight loss, running and family trip

It's so weird how something that can be such a big battle at one point in your life and then with a serious change of circumstances, that struggle just doesn't matter anymore.

I really don't care about food anymore. Ever since this whole "thing" started, I'm down 20 pounds. Food just doesn't taste good anymore. I guess at this point in my life, I am more determined to get to a place where I'm happy with my body and weight. I am officially NOT overweight anymore! I am actually healthy! I had a weight watchers goal 3 years ago which I only got within 3 pounds of it. Now I'm below it....

So I guess stress does have it's good points.....I do feel better about myself knowing that I've shed another chunk of fat. I've also started running again, which feels amazing being so much lighter! The difference now is that I spend the whole time in deep worship. All my stupid music has been permanently deleted! So that feels good too. Such a black and white difference to run with God and focus my soul on Him than to fill my head and spirit with junk.

So that's another little update. Joe is taking us to Edmonton for a family trip. We leave on Monday, very excited! We will be at the water park and I'm going to meet my dad up there and go on the mind bender rollercoaster with him! Ikea will be seeing us and the Olive Garden of course! Also, one of mine and Joe's favorite restaurants is the spaghetti factory. Everytime we are at West Ed Mall, we make a trip for the Spaghetti Factory!

10 comments:

Lynn said...

I hope you have a wonderful, fun filled, refreshing trip! You are in my prayers.

Jenny said...

Have a wonderful family getaway!!!
Take lots of pics!
:)

Princess Warrior said...

Glad to here you are filling your mind with good things. Missed seeing you today, but I might try to phone you this afternoon. Love ya! My running is sucking, but I am learning and hoping:)

Anonymous said...

hi Sarah I was glad to see you on sunday but I never had a chance to talk. At first I wanted to say lots of things then again I was just happy to see you I was glad you were there. I love you I just want know you are okay. Just remember to laugh a lot, love a lot and release the rest of your stress. We will join you in thankfulness for all good that coming to you. colleen

Trev and Rebekah said...

Hope you have a great family time.
Can't wait to hear about it.

Nin said...

Hoping the car ride was good.... hoping you're having a blast.... hoping the rollercoaster ROCKS.....hoping you're taking lots of pictures.... hoping the kids are all loving that you both took them there..... and last but not least, hoping my shelves fit in your van lol.

Dianna said...

Hi Sarah it's been awhile since we connected. Missed that. I'm still recuperating from surgery and finding new adjustments hard.

andrew + camille said...

hey girl!!!

just want you to know i'm still thinking of you!

love,
Camille

Lani - the flowerlady said...

REally, I need to call you, I miss the sound of your voice. AFter just posting a long rant and then reading this I'm thinking maybe I need some major stress....JUST KIDDING...read the post it will make sense, I thought of you the whole time I was writing it cause I knew you would get it...I think. Anyway, hope you had a great time in Edmonton. I love you, blessings on the whole lot of you!!

Anonymous said...

Weight loss & family trip together.... sounds great.