Monday, October 06, 2008

Thanks for the valley? Yes! Thank you for the valley!


It's still so amazing to me each day that in the crunch, in fire, in pressure, in a hot desert, in the pruning....what can truly be accomplished.

When you're hanging on by that one thread (and if that one thread is Jesus) miracles happen. God gives me more each day to hold on to. The foundation on which my faith stands is being rebuilt. The branches that are not bearing fruit are being pruned so that through Him, I will bear fruit. It's been my heart's cry for years....

He is gently removing/I am surrendering all that is not Him
He is replacing/I'm allowing Him to fill me
What a process. I'm a quick fix kinda person. I often ponder that I've been married for 12 years and it's taken all this time to begin to learn these things. I often grieve the time lost.
But in my grief of lost time,
God gives me this:

Better is ONE day in your courts, than 1000 days else where. I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God that dwell in the tents of the wicked. Blessed is the man who trusts in You....

I've always wanted it real. I've always hated fake.
And now, it's God's chance to make it real.
To get rid of the fake, the fantasy.
The truth hurts, but it sets you free.
So each day, we choose the hard truth over a fake love.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing what you are learning. We miss you guys. Hope to see you soon.

Trev and Rebekah said...

Again I love your heart. You should write a book one day about your journey with Jesus. God can't use you unless you are willing to be used, pruned, molded into His image so that He gets the glory in the end. You have a great heart and I wish we could sit down and chat and pray together one day.