Thursday, October 02, 2008

the power of thoughts

I've been down the last couple of days. Still growing, still being carried, but down. God's way is so much higher than our ways. Following after God's plan and purposes are so foreign to human nature!

To grasp His love, His mercy, forgiveness, His grace and power......humans put God in a little box all the time! Our logic loves and takes comfort in what we know and see.

That is the opposite of faith. Faith is being sure of what is unseen....
Everything that is apart from faith is sin. WOW. every step I'm taking in this fire is either out of faith or fear. Fear brings death, faith brings life. It's so cut and dry for me today. Yesterday I chose to fear. Today, I am choosing to believe in what is unseen.

These are my thoughts today.
I will not settle for anything less than a 10. A 10 in my marriage, family and my personal walk with my God.
He is either redeemer or He's not
He is either healer, deliverer, or He's not

There's no maybe with God. He just IS. He calls Himself, "I AM"

And I know HE IS.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah!

I don't see you on Facebook anymore, did you de-activate your account?? Write me back and give me the scoop!!
-Jason

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Ivan has a lot of fear issues. One day I heard his dad say "you are the most courageous person I know". I didn't say anything, but thought "well, you don't have to lie to him". But I also believe in the power of words and I am seeing the fruits of those words Brian spoke over Ivan. Ivan is choosing more and more to live with courage and do things that he is not comfortable with. I've even heard him say "I can do this because daddy said I have courage!". Well your daddy says you have faith and courage and strength and confidence and that He will prevail for you.

Carebear said...

yeah, I'm taking a break for a bit and will be back when the timing's right. I just wanted to cut out some distractions for a season, but I'll be back in time!
Take care

Anonymous said...

Well, Take care, I'm still praying for you!