Wednesday, January 07, 2009

The true measure of a woman pt 2

A part of Lisa's book which speaks my heart so much that I wanted to share in her words, yet it's from my heart as well!! She just says it so hitting the nail!

" I will share very openly and honestly. Pretense and appearances are void of power and cannot help anyone. Teachings without the practical knowledge of how to apply them do nothing but weighs us down.

Therefore, I commit to hide nothing from you that I feel might help you. You will have the advantage of gleaning from my foolishness, mishaps, and mistakes.

In return, I ask that you dare to do the same. Dare to be open and honest with yourself. What we hide eventually ensnares and imprisons us. It grows strongest in the shadows of shame and condemnation.

The gospel that empowers us as we live here and now, and its truth will invade every area where we allow Christ to impact us and change our lives.

We must summon the courage as individuals and step out from behind the facades where we have hidden ourselves.

Even in the church, some act as thought they never really needed a Savior. The truth is, we all have sinned and fallen short. Our closets are cluttered and full. Some like it that way. They like the feel of all that clutter. They feel safe holding on to the past. They will tell you they don't have room for any more, because their closets are already bursting at the seams, and they will insist that they already know everything they need to know. They are satisfied with what they have."

Well, I'm not satisfied! I'm tired of my will, and my way! I'm tired of reaping the fruit when I conform to the pattern of this world! I'm tired and restless of relying on half truths (which are lies disguised) , on relying on just getting by. I'm ready to declutter.....as terrifying as this is! To declutter is to toss out comfortable clothes that are well worn and broken in, but is the wrong cloak! For me, it's shame, specific thought patterns, holding on to the past, and methods of control.

I'm very cluttered. I desperately need God's point of view. Not a glimspe, or a glimmer......I won't be satisfied with that....I want the whole meal deal......

4 comments:

Princess Warrior said...

Sarah, I am so proud of you. You are a true woman and you are a radiant bride:)

Ian said...

By being a person who is open and honest with her thoughts, feelings, strengths and weaknesses you are an encouragement to others. God bless and Happy New Year.

Messenger International said...

wow! amen and amen! we must confront what we fear to become fearless!!!

blessings!

armacleod said...

The acknowledgment and willingness to open that to God and move towards letting go. That is so tough to do. Your struggles and willingness to share are such an encouragement to all of us. Thank you for sharing.