Thursday, January 29, 2009

Coming up to one year

In one week from today, it will be a WHOLE YEAR since I've thrown up my food! ONE WHOLE YEAR! after 18 years of bondage, I'd say God is good!

I still can't believe it. It's one of those things where it feels like a lifetime ago, like a distant memory, but yet, the pain of that eating disorder will never leave me. I will never forget what it felt like to be chained to a fridge and a toilet.....never.....

I never thought I'd see this day. I thought i would die a bulimic. I thought I'd be one of those people in the motorized carts that couldn't walk anymore because they were too big!

I don't know how I want to celebrate yet.
I really want sushi! hhhmmmm......wasabi........


It's something to celebrate!!!
Does anyone have any suggestions?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My first thought was sushi too! And I'd be proud to share this celebration with you.

Morgan

Anonymous said...

wooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooo

we're so proud of you girl! THANK YOU for being so open and honest!!

i LOVE sushi too! if you want really fancy sushi, try Samurai BUT my fave place (a little pricey but SO worth it) is Sushiro on Broadway. Mmmmmmmmmmmm


xo Camille

Jenny said...

So proud of you!!Wish I was there to give you a big hug!!
Go out for sushi!

Unknown said...

God is good. Thank you for sharing this blessing with us! I wish I was there to celebrate with you...though not celebrate in a way that requires me to eat sushi. ;)

Nin said...

SUSHI? SUSHI? YOU THINK THIS IS ABOUT SUSHI??
hehe.
Moving on...
See??? And just the other day you were wondering what you had to offer..... VICTORY BABY!
Am so proud of you. So so proud of you. God has been so good.
You should buy yourself a really nice new workout outfit! haha!!
And Tina, you can celebrate with us by eating some crawfish flavored chips. ; )
(oh yeah and I agree that Sushiros is really good!)

Princess Warrior said...

mmmmm I think you have a consensus on the sushi. Good on ya Babe:) I have heard some fabulous reports on your sharing with the lifegroup.

Trev and Rebekah said...

I remember talking to you on the phone and praying with you almost a year ago when you had started this journey. I am so PROUD of you!

Anonymous said...

Yipiiiiii. I'd go out dancing all night with cotten-eyed Joe. Many more victories to come!!! Nel