Monday, February 02, 2009

Heart's motives

My heart's desire is to find true healing these days. To find my true identity. No counterfeits, no gimmicks, no quick fixes.....the real deal.

Human flesh is so dumb sometimes. It's so lazy, so selfish, so looking for the easy way out, looking for short cuts, looking to make it all a comfortable ride. Flesh would be perfectly happy to sit in the same place, not move, not be challenged, not change, not hurt......it doesn't care about freedom. It would rather have comfort than peace.

The cool thing about this is that God created us spirit. Our spirit cries out for the real deal, for the real peace, for the real relationship. It usually takes an average human being a whole lifetime to learn that flesh gives birth to death and spirit gives birth to life.

I believe that I'm finally more and more APPRECIATING the PROCESS of becoming like Christ. My flesh would say that the wilderness sucks, but I know that what my flesh says doesn't really matter. Through my spirit, I understand that the wilderness is actually the way to the promise land. The longer I allow my flesh to kick and scream through the wilderness, the longer it will take to get out!


But apart from "getting out of the wilderness".......since we are ALL destined to go through it, isn't there something totally sweet about the fellowship we find with our Father? Isn't it a bittersweet place when we can worship and praise through our pain? Isn't there something mysterious and wonderful to have joy in the offering?

God's love is like none other. I will praise Him through my pain. Because I know that He takes everything and turns it into something good. Trials turned to gold. God sits me down infront of all my enemies and loves on me. He pours healing oil on my head. He is the real deal. Always has been, always will be.....and most importantly...HE IS RIGHT NOW

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your wisdom blows me away sometimes. I'm so glad I keep learning from you!

Love Morgan

Carebear said...

Morgan, you are precious to me. The bond we share is so valuable to me. I am always learning from you too! I think we are so good for eachother because we challenged eachother to become better people.

Friends like you, that I can tell all my secrets to....love you tons and tons....
(SAPPY....sigh....)

Trev and Rebekah said...

I feel like I to am in a place of appreciating the process. Though it hurts I now see it as a gift.

Anonymous said...

Wow, the picture says it all, truly. Incredibly wise words, loved it!

Princess Warrior said...

Only two more days till your anniversary. I am super proud of you Sarah:)

At Home With The Seitz Family said...

Sarah,
Thankyou for sharing your journey. Once again, I clicked on your blog and read exactly what God needed me to read today. The Holy Spirit is working through you in wonderful precious loving ways, touching so many readers.
Also Congratulations on your one year!! True strength and determination to be a healthier person, taking care of the temple God blessed you with!! You're amazing absolutely amazing!!!!

armacleod said...

Thanks so much for sharing.