Thursday, February 05, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY BOY!

My oldest son would have been 13 today. A TEENAGER!
Son, you make me feel old! I wonder what kind of cake you're eating.....
We miss you so much! Your brother misses you the most. You sisters do too, but Noah had a very special bond with you, his only brother. Your life has given so many opportunities to share God's goodness. You truly are our angel. Without you, we would be very different people and I guarantee, that the good things in us were because of you.

I still listen to your song, "Only have my love" by Jaylene Johnson and think of how you freely gave purely who you were. You offered all you were, just the way you were. I want to be like you Caleb. A free spirit that's not tied down by the cares of this world. You were not conformed to the pattern of this world. In so many ways, as hard as life was for you, you were blessed to be separated from all the pulls and temptations that this fallen world has.

I just want to thank you buddy, for being a huge part of my freedom. For some reason, God chose your birthday to be the day I became free from my eating disorder. I believe that it was chosen that way for a reason. I remember all the strength that you had here on earth, and I believe you passed some of your strength to me. Now on your birthday, my deliverance is directly tied to who you were. Now, your 13th birthday is also my one year anniversary for being free! What a great way to share this day!

Your life, Caleb was a blessing. You blessed everyone who chose to recieve you.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

That was a beautiful birthday message to your sweet angel!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute to Caleb!

Love Morgan

jenn with two n's said...

Thank you for sharing this birthday blessing and letter~it blessed me.

Nin said...

I too always think of Caleb when I hear that song....
He left a mighty legacy.

Madame Angela Baggett said...

beautiful. Thank you for sharing, declaring and loving. I'm sure Caleb is smiling, filled up with your love and cheering for your victories.