Monday, September 17, 2007

finally, some pictures!!

You can click on any of these pics to get a better look!!
I'll start with a few updates on our basement...

We have a new bed set!! If any of you know what actually happened to the old one !! (hint: it involves a two year old and a huge jar of vaseline)


After living in our basement for 8 months, we finally have doors! YEAH FOR PRIVACY!
We've done it! We've taken the plunge and got 2 cute little guinea pigs! Isaiah named hers Pixie, Noah is in bed and I can't remeber the name he gave his little one.
Here they are all scared on their first night in a new home

These are our two little frogs. Noah caught the brown one and Nin found the redish one by her house. The red one has no toes on his right foot.
Our homeschool has been going really well. This is where we keep our workbooks and there are drawers for keeping the stuff they've already done. Keeping good records is very important.
Our new "managers of their homes" schedule. This layout is from an awesome book we bought at the convention 2 years ago. It works very well for our family.
This is our schedule broken down a bit more. Even little faith has preschool everyday! It's so fun!!
Last but not least, a pic of Elishah. She blesses me to no end. she is so full of joy. She brings so much to the rest of us, even though she can't even talk yet!

Well, that's it for now. I really want to walk through a day with the camera with each kids and lay out what a day looks like for each of them. I'm sure no one would be really that interested, but more so for me to look back and see.
blessings to all

12 comments:

Janelle said...

you blow me away with your organization, and your braveness to teach your children. i admire that!!! :) the house looks awesome, and pets are always sooo much fun!
p.s. i'd LOVE to see updated pictures of the kids!! :) :)

Dianna said...

Is it right for christians to really have heros?? I think you are about to become mine!!

Dianna said...

P.S You've been given a award go to my blog for details...

Jenny said...

Wow, my hats off to you girl!! You are so organized. It's amazing what you are teaching your children!!
Very inspiring!

Lani - the flowerlady said...

congratulations on your RODENTS and REPTILES....what are you thinking? Not happening in this household. so sorry. however, we do have 10 count 'em 10 cats. (and 1 dog) they all live outside!

Got my schedule, but not on my wall this year. In a very pretty binder!

Trail Rider said...

flowerlady, frogs are amphibians, not reptiles....hee hee ;)
I guess with schooling one, you wouldn't need the 'MOTH'? It must be so different schooling one and a girl! you would think, you living on a farm, 5 boys, and 5 wiens boys...they would be bringing home frogs and snakes...

Lani - the flowerlady said...

The frogs and snakes stay OUTSIDE!!!! They know better than to bring them in. Thanks to the 10 cats we have not seen a rodent (other than dead ones) since we moved! I do have a MOTH schedule. And a more specific schedule, just not big. I got inspired from Holy Experience and made a very pretty binder to keep all my school notes in this year. Like it way better than the big thing on the wall!

Kim Funk said...

Yeah for pictures!!..thanks for shareing about homeschooling..I love reading about it..I really feel that Im called to homeschool as well, and at times im overwhelmed with it But i believe if its what God wants for us then he will work out all these little details i may be worrying about now.
So can anyone go to the conventions? I missed last years one, but i really want to start going to them. can you let me know ahead of time when they are? i would like to start learning about it. i have a few years yet till aidan is ready but i just dont know much about how the ciriculum works.
I feel blessed that i know God has also called others to homeschool so i dont feel alone!!
blessings to you!!

Laurie said...

Everything looks and sounds wonderful!!How is the schedule going, with a 6 almost 7 month old? Thats what i find tough witha 5 almost 6 month old. ......as soon he falls asleep in the morning, "Emily it's time to do school". You are amazing! Your pets look fun, too!!

Lani - the flowerlady said...

hey

can you e-mail me something, anything. i was updating my address book and aparently deleted the wrong addresses. I only had 5 different ones for you guys. the one i thought was right wasn't.

thanks
Lani

Kim Funk said...

Thanks for yuor email..Im looking forward to connecting with you about homeschooling one of these days..Im convinced it will happen!! :)IT WILL I PROMISE!! ;)

Trev and Rebekah said...

You have the gift of organization that I wish I could have. Bless you today!