Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Our homeschool

I can't really explain the passion in my heart for schooling my kids. Not many people ask me about it, and that's okay. My dad called me from work and asked how school was going and that was nice. I guess every year that we do it, the more I realize how much us Waldherr's are built for this way of life. We thrive together. I am so thankful for the relationships that are being glued between the silblings and the parents.
I am blessed by the resources that I have this year. I feel like I know what I need to do, what I need to accomplish before the year's end. It's also nice to have Isaiah in the first grade, knowing that I've done this grade before. Even though her learning style is very different than Noah's, I am familiar with the material and can present it in a way that fits Isaiah.
Here are some pics of the first month of school....

Isaiah learning to read

Some of Isaiah's creations


I will go up to the six fingered man and say, "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die"



noah doing a new curriculum this year curriculum this year called, Learning Language Arts Through Literature. We love it. Bought it used at the book fair last year for 20 bucks!



Time for a bath after finger painting!!



Elishah is so good! I couldn't ask for a better baby. She sleeps well and is happy as she follows us around all day!



5 comments:

Nin said...

LOVE that last one of the Pishah.
You guys ARE definately built for this way of life, you do it together very well.
(awesome pic of the 6 fingered man)

Jenny said...

It looks like you are doing a wonderful job with teaching your children. You're definately cut out for this!

Crystal said...

I love the picture! The kids look like they love school. So glad that you are enjoying schooling your kids. That is so important!
We should get together sometime!
Blessings

Dianna said...

You are wonderful!

Laurie said...

Nice to see some pictures!! Elishah is sooooooooo sweet! What a cutie!!!!

You sound like you are doing so awesome! And it looks like your house is pretty fun! :)

You amaze me! Good for you!!!

Praying for your mom and your family!