Monday, September 03, 2007

School starts tomorrow!




Well it's that time again. Time to jump off that cliff. It's time to jump and wait for the Lord to catch me...
I think to myself that if I were a grade one teacher, I would learn the material after a few years. I would probably get myself in a groove. After 4 of 5 years, I may have it down to a science. Of course, I have never been a school teacher and have never taught 30 kids at one time!!! (that would be a challenge to say the least!)
But I start each new year (this being our 4th year) with totally new challenges.
-My kids keep changing their levels
-New children keep arriving!
-The schedule never ever looks the same from year to year.
-I need to learn a whole new grade!

It's fun and exciting to watch them grow and mature, but it can seem overwhelming to me at the same time....what an AWESOME RESPONSIBILITY! WHAT AN HONOR!
The responsibility of raising Godly children has been placed on my shoulders by God himself! I am thankful, fearful, and in awe all at the same time.

I pray for strength, courage and wisdom to do this job well.

6 comments:

Nin said...

did you have to wipe her eyes before taking that picture? lol...

You are amazing....and always encouraging me and pushing me in what I can do in my own home. I look up to your determination and perseverance, and am proud to call you my sis.
The work, effort, time, energy, stress, humility, love and authority you are instilling in your children now will and does bear much fruit!
Faithfulness is welcome to come over to "hahtee's ouss" to give you time with the big school kids. I'll do her hair and she can have "ancakes" that aren't ew.

Laurie said...

You look beautiful, by the way!!!!!!

Have a wonderful time teaching school! I will pray for you. Let us know how things go!

Dianna said...

You Go girl! I admire you.

Unknown said...

Sweeeeeeet picture!! We don't have it all, but we can give it all we got,and you sure are.

Crystal said...

Great picture of you Sarah! Your baby sure has grown! I definitely admire you for schooling your kids, what a great challenge you face! You can do it, I know you can!
Blessings

Trev and Rebekah said...

You are a hard worker. I commend you for the journey you are embarking on. I think it takes a special mother to be a home schooler. All the best.