Thursday, September 06, 2007

Got sick, stopped running, and then fell off the wagon with my eating.....


I never thought I would miss running so bad! I will be 2 weeks on Sunday since I've ran. I came down with a nasty virus with a cough. Any kind of cardio would throw me into a coughing fit, so I've been waiting it out....of course, in this time, I've completely fallen off the wagon with my food diet! GRRRR

I can't wait to get back out there. I was up to running 2.5 km without stopping with a great sprint at the end of the run. That's a big deal to me. That's running from mac's along Diefenbaker all the way to the church on the corner of Laurier Dr. and then all the way back home again. which is off of steeves. My sis has had no one to run with all this time.

We are doing a dance for a concert with our church in October. I'm not going to tell details, but the heart of it is breaking generational curses. Going against the stream and flow, swimming upstream, fighting for all the best that God has for us. Fighting a battle against defeat, fear and sin. But in the last 2 weeks, I feel like I'm losing the battle. If I'm not going to walk the walk, then of course, I will get seriously wounded.
There's a saying that I have been clinging to and a verse that goes with it,
"You don't succeed because you're perfect, you succeed becuase you persevere."
"He will complete the work He started in me"

I have to keep going, brush the dust off, turn from my sin and walk towards the light. He can restore me.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

He will restore you Sarah!
Praying for you.
I need to "step up" my workouts and start really challenging myself in the next week. This will also be a challenge for me. I'm in a comfort zone right now.
Thinking of you!

Nin said...

"it's not about the destination, it's about the journey".....wise words I heard last night.

andrew + camille said...

thanks for the good visit we had last night. i love you guys and really enjoy our times together - love how we can always be real. gotta do it more often.